flow data 351C 4v, AFD 4V, Kasse P 51

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q code
2007 GT
1969 Cougar Eliminator B302
CSX 7000 Shelby Cobra FIA
2020 Edge ST
2002 F250 V10
To bring some factual data to the 4V head discussion.The most informative comparison data is the "as cast" flow numbers. The as cast data for Ford 4V head is extremely close to the numbers I've seen on my friends flow bench. While flow data alone is not the only data that indicates the potential for HP production, it is a valid indicator. Enjoy the read. Chuck

http://www.j-performance.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29

Cool so guess mine do ok with the weight saving and heat dissipation aluminum has
Roy, Your AFDs are good parts. Your whole build is top shelf. The weight savings are very real. Chuck

They flow just fine. It is a question of ending up with a CR compatible with the cam. If you go that route I'm reasonably certain the Blue Thunder intake will work with the factory ram air. Chuck

They flow just fine. It is a question of ending up with a CR compatible with the cam. If you go that route I'm reasonably certain the Blue Thunder intake will work with the factory ram air. Chuck
I had my AFDs opened at the factory to get me to 10.8 with my pistons, so doing the math the open chambered ones are almost identical CR. Who sell the Blue thunder?

Dealer list. http://www.bluethunderauto.com/id3.html The PN is IM-351c-4v, not the comp or Pantera version.Shop around. It may come down to availability, they are produced in limited quantities. The BT intake is only about 1/2" taller than the stock 70-71 4V iron intake. It is very similar to the D1ZX-9425-DA (and "Shelby) intake Ford over the counter part from the muscle parts program. Chuck

DSCF4244.JPG

Roy, I'm not interested in selling mine, it works too good to change to something else. Let me know if you want me to track one down for you. Chuck

Roy, I'm not interested in selling mine, it works too good to change to something else. Let me know if you want me to track one down for you. Chuck
now you sound like Stacey, always ready to spend my money:D Just playin i need to make a decision soon as we are pulling the motor in a few weeks. May wait to see what I find to make a final decision.

I find spending other people's money to be very enjoyable :p. Let me know what you find and decide to do. Chuck

Dealer list. http://www.bluethunderauto.com/id3.html The PN is IM-351c-4v, not the comp or Pantera version.Shop around. It may come down to availability, they are produced in limited quantities. The BT intake is only about 1/2" taller than the stock 70-71 4V iron intake. It is very similar to the D1ZX-9425-DA (and "Shelby) intake Ford over the counter part from the muscle parts program. Chuck
No Roy you can't have mine. I've got great plans for that intake.

You got the cast original with yours. ;) I scored an original D1ZX-9425-DA during my horse trading when I first got my car. Suprised you didn't notice the bulletproof glass case in the garage with it and the heads in it as well! :p

Back