Flush mount widshield???

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
2011 Mustang GT
Anyone out there flush mount their winshield or back glass??? If so, how'd you go about it and do you have any pics? I have a coupe so the back glass won't be an issue, I'll just have a glass shop make me one slightly bigger than stock to fill in where the stainless steel trim would be and urethane it in. Thats a flat piece of glass though, can't exactly do that with the front...

While you don't have to have these, a metal brake and a shrinker/stretcher make this job a lot easier. You can even use your stock glass. Build a set of strips to fill in the window opening and make it smaller. You can then use the small, black plastic molding found on new cars. I will try to post photos of what it looks like next week.

Apparently I'm the 1st one who wants to do this??? Somebody's gotta have some pics or suggestions...

I like vintageupgrade's suggestions, that's actually what I figured would have to be done. Just curious if there's any other methods out there?

Starting on the rear glass in the next few days. I'm gonna fill it in rather than have a bigger glass made. I have to patch a few small rot holes at the bottom anyway, so welding in the filler strips will kill 2 birds with 1 stone, and I have 2 rear windows in my basement, so if I smash one, I've got a backup :)

Back