fmx floor shift linkage needed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Grabber Green Mach 1
2013 Race Red California Special Convertible
1964 Corvette Convertible
I'm getting an fmx tranny ready for my f100 project. Apparently, it is from a column shift car so the linkage is different from a floor shift model. Does anyone have an old fmx laying around with a floor shift linkage( the linkage that goes through the side of the case) and is willing to part with the linkage? The arm will point up for a floor shift, mine points down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
I pulled an FMX out of mine (swapped in an AOD). I'm thinking I won't be needing it. Please let me know which parts/pieces you need. A picture or even circling the parts on an FMX illustration would be huge (I just want to make sure I have what you need and that you get it).

I pulled an FMX out of mine (swapped in an AOD). I'm thinking I won't be needing it. Please let me know which parts/pieces you need. A picture or even circling the parts on an FMX illustration would be huge (I just want to make sure I have what you need and that you get it).
Thanks Eric, I opened it up today and was able to rotate the lever 180. It probably would not shift right with a stock shifter but since I have an aftermarket one it might work with some linkage adjustments.

I don't want to put you though the ordeal of getting yours out if I don't need it. It's a PITA to get the valve body out . I'll keep you in mind down the road if I end up needing it.

Thanks , Rick

Back