For All Mankind

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detritusmaximus

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Grande #1 looong time ago
1970 Sportsroof #2 almost as long
1971 Sportsroof M-code #3 needs money
2008 GT #4 where the money went
Keep seeing a green hardtop pop up here and there in "For All Mankind". Good view of the drivers side rear half in episode 8 or 9, season 1.

Premise of the show is "What If.." the Russians got to the moon first and the space race never ended. Not bad. Some ironic twists and turns in the background history. Nixon gets a truce signed in Vietnam. Demands we get some sort of moonbase established in the early 70s.
Deke Slayton and Gordo are major characters.

Season 2 picks up in the early 80s.

Yep, it is.
I would recommend watching The Right Stuff to get familiar with the Mercury and Gemini astronauts. It's not necessary, but interesting to see how much real stuff carries over before the alternate reality takes over.

For All Mankind is a pretty cool show! It started out normal and then BANG! Alt reality is really eye opening...how things could have been! Can't wait for the next season!

So, some of the people involved worked on The Expanse. And in that show, a reference was made to Matt Damon's character in The Martian.
I could see how this might be in that same universe.

Back