For Sale in Michigan

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This car needs more work then is being advertised, sorry Mr David. As someone that has done this, it is all the hidden issues plus the costs associated with restoring, locating all the missing pieces. It will add up big time in the end... Not saying anything about your price, I know I overpaid for mine when I bought my J Code vert, but I  also underestimated the additional costs to actually restore the car back to a near #1 level. $10's of 1000's under estimated... Good luck with the sale.

See there I knew you guys would catch on sooner or later, lol.

I could buy a couple of these every week it seems that the prices just keep dropping. 

As far as missing parts to restore there are none missing on this one. There are boxes of parts with the car. It was running until he decided to take apart. 

The forum had long discussions on the cost of a paint job and this car would be just a paint job. Here locally you can get dip strip for $2,500 or some do the wet medial blasting which I have never done so I do not know the cost.

The rebuild of the car is straight forward, complete interior, rebuilt engine and transmission, rebuild suspension. 

No hours and days of drilling spot welds and trying to make repo panels fit. 

So when I kick the bucket it will be in the barn for someone to take home or to the crusher where it was headed if I had not bought it. His dad gave him a deadline and then had to crush it. He has a construction equipment build business and the mustang did not look right next to the new Corvette and BMW and he wanted it gone. His dad had made him take it and put behind the barn he did not want his gal friend to see it. 

So when you guys ask for opinions on prices of cars you see why I always say you are paying way too much. I will never understand why rust buckets get restored and cars like this go to the crusher.

The 71 - 73 just do not have the market of some other years. Even the older ones seem to be dropping in price. 

I have to force myself to quit looking for cars.

See there I knew you guys would catch on sooner or later, lol.

I could buy a couple of these every week it seems that the prices just keep dropping. 

As far as missing parts to restore there are none missing on this one. There are boxes of parts with the car. It was running until he decided to take apart. 

The forum had long discussions on the cost of a paint job and this car would be just a paint job. Here locally you can get dip strip for $2,500 or some do the wet medial blasting which I have never done so I do not know the cost.

The rebuild of the car is straight forward, complete interior, rebuilt engine and transmission, rebuild suspension. 

No hours and days of drilling spot welds and trying to make repo panels fit. 

So when I kick the bucket it will be in the barn for someone to take home or to the crusher where it was headed if I had not bought it. His dad gave him a deadline and then had to crush it. He has a construction equipment build business and the mustang did not look right next to the new Corvette and BMW and he wanted it gone. His dad had made him take it and put behind the barn he did not want his gal friend to see it. 

So when you guys ask for opinions on prices of cars you see why I always say you are paying way too much. I will never understand why rust buckets get restored and cars like this go to the crusher.

The 71 - 73 just do not have the market of some other years. Even the older ones seem to be dropping in price. 

I have to force myself to quit looking for cars.
:bs:

I will never understand why rust buckets get restored and cars like this go to the crusher.
Many reasons.

• Flippers: I know I'm not paying 5 times what it's worth just because someone wants to make some quick money
  • Hardly anybody wants Grande`s... there I said it.  People want Mach 1s, fastbacks, 'verts, then hardtops... in that order
  • People can usually sniff out the BS in a deal when they have more information going into it - the more they know, the stronger the whiff

My personal experience with flippers is that they're usually dishonest, and definitely not acting in the buyers' interests.

I guess most of you guys have rust logic. You love rust and changing panels.

So it will go as a parts car I believe. I will never see your logic of buying a cheap rusty hulk spend thousands on parts that do not fit. Then spend all that time in the shop hammering and welding and you end up with a pieced together non original car.

So depending on outcome of the next Dr. visit it might go to crusher I might not be able to unbolt the parts. 

In this area there are no fans of the 71 - 73 I have only had I think three people come to buy parts in several years, PS, PDB, headlight buckets and some sheet metal. One guy had paid $12,000 for a rusty convertible out of NY and was spending a fortune on it. The other had a Mach 1 I think. 

Now I know why Scotty Strickland, owns Mustang junk yard, will not sell complete cars. He can make more from the parts than he can from the cars.

So it will go as a parts car I believe. I will never see your logic of buying a cheap rusty hulk spend thousands on parts that do not fit. Then spend all that time in the shop hammering and welding and you end up with a pieced together non original car.

So depending on outcome of the next Dr. visit it might go to crusher I might not be able to unbolt the parts. 

In this area there are no fans of the 71 - 73 I have only had I think three people come to buy parts in several years, PS, PDB, headlight buckets and some sheet metal. One guy had paid $12,000 for a rusty convertible out of NY and was spending a fortune on it. The other had a Mach 1 I think. 

Now I know why Scotty Strickland, owns Mustang junk yard, will not sell complete cars. He can make more from the parts than he can from the cars.
No, it's not that at all - it's very simple math for most people: I've always wanted a '71 Mach 1.  Period.  Not a Grande`, not a fastback, not a different year - a '71 Mach 1.  The only one within 500 miles of me (at the time) was my rusty pile... and I was on a budget (at the time, which things got better for me as I went along).  Aside from having to put a lot of time, effort, and money into it, did I settle for something less than I wanted?  No.  Most others have similar stories.

Using your logic, I should've settled for a '75 Mustang II with a Mach 1 package for more money if it were in better shape than mine.  I. Don't. Think. So.  That's not how it works for most people.

Speaking of, the popularity of certain models is just higher than others.  Not all '71-'73s are created equal... just like not all Mustangs are created equal (otherwise, more people would be lovin' the Clydesdales and Mustang IIs).

I also don't give a rip as to whether mine is an all-original car or not.  I actually had the chance to buy a pristine '71 M-Code for just $24K almost immediately after I bought mine (took a pic of it from the road, and later went to see it).  Not only did I not have the money [at the time], there's no way I could've been happy with that car.  It was a well-restored collector car - an MCA winner (not sure which category) and I would've done it a huge disservice by 'making it mine,' because I would've still swapped the stereo, carpet, intake, carb, headers, exhaust, wheels, tires, etc., just like I did to my lowly H-Code.

3.jpg

Sell your car, or part it out - at the end of the day, it's only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

Good luck with the Doctor, David - I truly hope things go well for you.

David you lied in the ad

The thinning heard line is a total LIE

You fail to mention the transmission is bad

Don I did not lie. The owner told me that when he bought the car it was running driving. The input shaft is so rusty and with the miles on the car sure it needs a rebuilt. I never sell anything without those words that stand up in court, "Sold As Is Where Is". 

If you want to bring up lies I can. Do you remember a customer of yours in Murfreesboro Tenn? Sold him a 351 C, good engine. I went and looked at his Q code vert he had for sale. He told me lots of info that I will not repeat. Things like that should come from the source. I had dolly with me but left the car there. 

Anyway guy is driving 4 hours to view both the Grande and the 73 Mach 1 he might leave with both. He saw the Mach 1 in the MOM. He had sold the 71 429 car that was also there to a friend and look for more projects. If he doesn't they will just sit there. Don't need the money don't need the cars just playing with my toys. 

You guys must never look for cars except where you live. I posted link to a 71 M code Mach 1 couple years back that was one of the vinyl roof cars 4 speed for like $1,500 and nobody was interested. It was in NC. I think most on here are just talkers an do not get involved with doing too much. 

I do not have a wife that stops me from doing anything I want. I buy and sell what I want. Every used car in the world is a flipped car, lol. That is the name of business buy cheap and sell for a profit. 

Everyone does not want a Mach 1. Guy in our club is so excited he just got the Mustang II of his dreams and could not be happier. There is a car for everyone and not everyone wants the same one, don't want same color, engine, or options. 

My son has absolutely no interest in an old car. The new generation only wants new, faster, better and throw away. 

In this area you would be hard pressed to find anyone interested in a 71 - 73 mustang of any type. Just not the car people are looking for. 

On a different subject it has been in the high 60's last couple days everyone will be sick with all of the Christmas get together s and New Year. I need to go get a flue shot.

Don I did not lie. The owner told me that when he bought the car it was running driving. The input shaft is so rusty and with the miles on the car sure it needs a rebuilt. I never sell anything without those words that stand up in court, "Sold As Is Where Is". 

If you want to bring up lies I can. Do you remember a customer of yours in Murfreesboro Tenn? Sold him a 351 C, good engine. I went and looked at his Q code vert he had for sale. He told me lots of info that I will not repeat. Things like that should come from the source. I had dolly with me but left the car there. 

Anyway guy is driving 4 hours to view both the Grandé and the 73 Mach 1 he might leave with both. He saw the Mach 1 in the MOM. He had sold the 71 429 car that was also there to a friend and look for more projects. If he doesn't they will just sit there. Don't need the money don't need the cars just playing with my toys. 

You guys must never look for cars except where you live. I posted link to a 71 M code Mach 1 couple years back that was one of the vinyl roof cars 4 speed for like $1,500 and nobody was interested. It was in NC. I think most on here are just talkers an do not get involved with doing too much. 

I do not have a wife that stops me from doing anything I want. I buy and sell what I want. Every used car in the world is a flipped car, lol. That is the name of business buy cheap and sell for a profit. 

Everyone does not want a Mach 1. Guy in our club is so excited he just got the Mustang II of his dreams and could not be happier. There is a car for everyone and not everyone wants the same one, don't want same color, engine, or options. 

My son has absolutely no interest in an old car. The new generation only wants new, faster, better and throw away. 

In this area you would be hard pressed to find anyone interested in a 71 - 73 mustang of any type. Just not the car people are looking for. 

On a different subject it has been in the high 60's last couple days everyone will be sick with all of the Christmas get together s and New Year. I need to go get a flue shot.
No clue who told you what 

you put this in the ad ...

No trades considered, sell only, I need to move cars out not get more. At 71 time to thin out the herd for sure.

So The blue 429 at the MOM was sold ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyway guy is driving 4 hours to view both the Grandé and the 73 Mach 1 he might leave with both. He saw the Mach 1 in the MOM. He had sold the 71 429 car that was also there to a friend and look for more projects. If he doesn't they will just sit there. Don't need the money don't need the cars just playing with my toys. 

No trades considered, sell only, I need to move cars out not get more. At 71 time to thin out the herd for sure.

The guy that had the car before this owner sold it to current guy that put in museum. He changed the color of the hood and stripes from argent to shiny black I was told.

The previous owner is coming to look at my cars from Raleigh.

The guy that had the car before this owner sold it to current guy that put in museum. He changed the color of the hood and stripes from argent to shiny black I was told.

The previous owner is coming to look at my cars from Raleigh.
That car belongs to Jim, a friend of mine who lives in TX

He had the car restored in 2008 or 2009

It has been in a couple of calender's, magazines and was in a movie.

I don't ever remember it having silver stripes - it is one of 18 429's in this color combo

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys must never look for cars except where you live. I posted link to a 71 M code Mach 1 couple years back that was one of the vinyl roof cars 4 speed for like $1,500 and nobody was interested. It was in NC. 
People look where they look, for whatever reasons they decide how far they're willing to go.  There is a lot of empty real estate between towns the further west you go.  I, for one, don't have the time or desire to drive 500+ miles to look at a something a flipper is lying to me about over the internet.

I think most on here are just talkers an do not get involved with doing too much.

I do not have a wife that stops me from doing anything I want. I buy and sell what I want. 
I think you might want to tuck your superiority complex back in, because your ass is showing.

Every used car in the world is a flipped car, lol. That is the name of business buy cheap and sell for a profit. 
Well, you're wrong on this.  All cars are indeed used cars once they've been offered up for sale by the owner.  However, flipped cars are bought and sold for profit, most often by people who have no intention of ever actually driving, maintaining, repairing, restoring, or enjoying the car - they just want to make money.  Some are less greedy and/or dishonest than others.  My opinion of flippers stands.

Splitting hairs over lack of reading comprehension only weakens one's argument.  I never said, "everyone 'only' wants a Mach 1," as you seem to believe.  I'll use different, less subtle words this time: most people prefer Mach 1s over Grandés, which is why most people would not be interested in an overpriced flipper car listed for sale 5 states away from where it's actually located.  In case you ever doubt the popularity differential, do a Google search for images of 1971 to 1973 Mustangs.  I guarantee that the overwhelming majority will be Mach 1s, and not Grandés.

I think we might be getting pretty close to winding this one down.

You guys crack me up you must be an attorney to have to break everything and put words in peoples mouths. Might even be a congress person. Most of this discussion sounds like Democrats trying to impeach a president I heard about once. 

If the Mach 1 is so popular why did the one sit in my back yard with just over 30,000 miles on it and rust away? A verified, with Marti, 1972 Mach 1 T-5 Q code, 4 speed. In fact it is the only one that is in the T-5 registry. It has sat there since in the 70's because of the lack of people that want them. I have had one offer recently from a person on another Mustang forum I will probably let him have it. Again it was worth more as parts than to sell as a car. That is why I buy them they are the rock bottom cheapest years of the Mustang there is. 

Just like the Democrats. I never said anywhere that I was superior to anyone here, was words added to what I stated. I am probably the sorriest on here at solving electrical issues in one of these cars. I know nothing about automatic transmissions but if one ever breaks I will go learn about it. I for sure with the new paints could not paint one as good as most but I will paint if I need to. 

A car is just bolts and nuts and pieces of metal and anyone on the face of the earth could bolt one together if the desire to. Lego sets are more difficult, lol.

I just play with cars not a mechanic not a dealer just get bored doing the same thing so I change it up all the time. 

My issue is I wore out my body before I wore out my desire to work on them. So most of my time is spent trying to recover from doing a few things. 

On the blue Mach 1 in the MOM I went back to his PM he sent me and this is copied and pasted from his message to me. "Did you by chance see a 71 grabber blue Mach-1 in the museum? It was a 429 SCJ 4 speed car. That’s my old car. I sold it to a Buddy that had it on display at the museum." I commented that yes I did see it in the back corner and he replied. "Yes, California car, matching number and all original. My Buddy bought it and did a full resto on it. It is supposed to be grabber blue/ argent but he changes the trim color to black". I have no idea if he is telling the truth just someone on the net answering an ad I posted. 

I will not post his name but his initials are R.H. never met him know nothing about him he contacted me about coming to look at the cars. 

David, think again about what you've written - all of it.  It's all part of a conversation, not just pot shots here and there.  Based on all of that, you're basically throwing rocks at people who disagree with your opinion of what people should actually do, and/or those aren't interested in your [overpriced] car (Hey, you so much as admitted to it - tell me I'm wrong).

Calling most people 'talkers and not doers.'  That kind of pisses me off.  I'm sorry, but I didn't exactly 'talk' my car back together.  What I didn't already know, I learned here and by actually doing it myself.  So many others have similar stories.

Proclaiming that you don't have a wife telling you what you can or can't do, or can or can't buy, insinuates that 'most people here' do, with an air of arrogance that I actually find offensive. I, as well as most people, couldn't care less how much people can afford or are willing to spend on their cars, because this site welcomes everybody from all walks of life to share their experiences, information, and opinions regarding all things '71-'73 Mustang.  Believe it or not, I actually admire those with the skills and wherewithal it takes to restore these fine automobiles.  Bashing people for their choice in restoring a rust-pile rather than buying something they're not interested in simply because it makes more sense [to you] to spend more money up-front is insulting - especially when you basically admit to being one of those overzealous and greedy flippers that so many people despise.

So, I must be a lawyer [or congress person] because I can write well, and feel like I need to break things down when you apparently don't understand what is being said?!  Well, let's just say that my motivation comes from years of experience in dealing with similar, like-minded folk, and that I won't make any comments about your being from the backwoods in the South suffering from old fartitis, because that might be insulting to old farts from the backwoods of the South everywhere.

And I'm not even going to dignify any comments about impeachments (past, present, or otherwise) with further response, other than this is the wrong part of the forum for any discussion of that topic.

No Sir.

Air Force IT/Security guy for the past almost 35 years... and, "The Office Grammar Nazi."

Back