73 Ranchero

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is complete (driver). Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
Hey Steve,
Wow, $300.00! I know some Torino/Ranchero fans that would hyperventilate even at $3,000.00
If the frame is solid (if an actual western car it should be), those same Ranchero fanatics would put that one back on the road—lots of usable parts there. The doors will fit all the 2-door Torino/Gran Torino models, and all other sheet metal forward will fit all models except the base model Torino which has a different grill and header panel. The isolators (the impact arms under the front bumper) are a one-year-only part that fit the '73 Torino/Gran Torino, T-Bird, and partial year on the full-size Ford. They are worth their weight in gold!
The engine appears to be a 351C. The resolution is poor on my laptop screen, so I couldn't get a good enough look at the exhaust port size to see if an H or Q engine. With the transmission also included, this would be a no-brainer. Hopefully, the crank and main bearing caps are in a parts box.

That's a tall deck Cleveland engine. Since it's missing the crank, could be a 351M or 400 moving forward.

Body on it looks great from a Rust Belt native's perspective.

No matter how you look at it $300 is a steal. You could literally drag it to the scrap yard and double your money, but the car is worth a ton more in parts, or to someone that wants to put it back on the road. Too bad it is not a 429.

Back