Ford Aluminum Intake 351 Cleveland

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach1000

Reaction score
My Car
1966 convertible
1971 Mach 1
1971 Cougar XR7
1967 F250 Camper Special
What does anyone know about the Ford aluminum intake part number D1ZX-9425-DA? It was on my 71 M code when I bought it. Not sure I've ever seen another Ford intake for a 351C. Could have been a dealer installed option?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a post from another forum about your intake. Definitely worth keeping.

The Boss 351 intake was a D1ZX-9425-CA. It was an aluminum dual-plane intake that took a spread-bore carb. ALL Boss 351s came with the "CA" intake. The intake you have (D1ZX-9425-DA) is an over-the-counter intake that is identical to the Boss 351 intake except it takes a square-bore (Holley) carb. IMO the "DA" is a better intake for performance because there are lots more carb choices.

In the past the DA intake was worth MORE than a CA intake because of the carb pattern. With the recent runup in Boss 351 prices I would not be surprised to see the CA intakes gaining in value.

The DA intake should be worth at least $350-400 on ebay.

Great thanks! A nice bonus that came on the car.

Here's a post from another forum about your intake. Definitely worth keeping.

The Boss 351 intake was a D1ZX-9425-CA. It was an aluminum dual-plane intake that took a spread-bore carb. ALL Boss 351s came with the "CA" intake. The intake you have (D1ZX-9425-DA) is an over-the-counter intake that is identical to the Boss 351 intake except it takes a square-bore (Holley) carb. IMO the "DA" is a better intake for performance because there are lots more carb choices.

In the past the DA intake was worth MORE than a CA intake because of the carb pattern. With the recent runup in Boss 351 prices I would not be surprised to see the CA intakes gaining in value.

The DA intake should be worth at least $350-400 on ebay.

Thanks 71Mach351 - good info!

Here's a great site that helps sort some of the parts (including intakes) and shows applications for them.

http://www.mustangtek.com/FordIntake.html

Ray

Wish I could find one of these!

Wish I could find one of these!
Just how 'bad' is your 'wishin'?????

That is usually what seperates me from 'havin' or 'wantin'. LOL

Ray
Would love to have two, but the wallet probably is keeping me "wantin" :(

Back