Ford Dealer

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After reading vamach1 post about stirring up trouble thought I would share a quick one from tonight. When I left work today I needed to go to the garage, with it being around 60 and sunny out today I decided on driving the 71. On my way I stopped by the dealership the I bought the '11 from to show one of the main guys the car. I had been telling him about it since getting the other one. So I pull in the lot and all the salesman are out like vultures as I slowly rattled by before parking. I get out one enthusiastic salesman heads my way and says "you here to trade" as I laughed at him and responded "If I trade here you will need to get into your hip pocket" of coarse he replied "what did you say?" I repeated it again and as all the others laughed at him, he stormed of into the show room, so guess he was not really interested in trading:D

I have been looking to trade my 2004 F-350 DRW Crew Cab Lariat 4X4 6.0 Diesel for something a bit smaller - say a F-250. I located a few options, not apples to apples. I can read, I can use the computer, I know what KBB says for both and I know what NADA says. I know that they have to make money - I'm okay with that. Why then do they refuse to use the same measuring stick for my truck that they use for theirs. Just give me a "just measurement" - HONESTY I would even consider trade-in value on my against retail on theirs - just use the same measuring stick. Seriously!

After reading vamach1 post about stirring up trouble thought I would share a quick one from tonight. When I left work today I needed to go to the garage, with it being around 60 and sunny out today I decided on driving the 71. On my way I stopped by the dealership the I bought the '11 from to show one of the main guys the car. I had been telling him about it since getting the other one. So I pull in the lot and all the salesman are out like vultures as I slowly rattled by before parking. I get out one enthusiastic salesman heads my way and says "you here to trade" as I laughed at him and responded "If I trade here you will need to get into your hip pocket" of coarse he replied "what did you say?" I repeated it again and as all the others laughed at him, he stormed of into the show room, so guess he was not really interested in trading:D
rofl rofl

I have been looking to trade my 2004 F-350 DRW Crew Cab Lariat 4X4 6.0 Diesel for something a bit smaller - say a F-250. I located a few options, not apples to apples. I can read, I can use the computer, I know what KBB says for both and I know what NADA says. I know that they have to make money - I'm okay with that. Why then do they refuse to use the same measuring stick for my truck that they use for theirs. Just give me a "just measurement" - HONESTY I would even consider trade-in value on my against retail on theirs - just use the same measuring stick. Seriously!
I get you!

I bought a 11 Explore earlier this year and had a 03 Tahoe for trade.

I definitely didn't want to step foot on a lot with all the vultures.

I emailed 1/2 dozen Ford dealers with what i wanted, what i wanted for my trade and what i wanted to pay.

Only two replied, work out a deal with one via email, (1/2 hour away)

and actually got an extra 1K off for a Ford incentive when i picked it up!

Never seen the salesmen until i pick the Explore up.

In reality it took the salesmen maybe 10 min to work out a deal, 10 min to order the explore and 10 min to trade keys.

I still haven't heard from the local Ford Dealer, I guess they would rather loose a sale than to give you a reasonable deal on the new vehicle and a decent price on a trade.

Back