Ford vs Chevy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As most of you know my clutch situation, I had an interesting thing happen on the way to the garage tonight. As I left the clutch was noticeably worse today, hard to get in and out of gear, slipping something terrible, you get the point. I am around 20-25 miles from the garage and finally got to the main highway and cruising along in the slow lane and out of one of the side roads comes a pro street 56/56 chevy. When I pass by I see the eying my car. Needless to say the caught up and ride right beside me, wanting to play.I just look over and laugh because at this point not sure I'm going to make it to the garage or not. So after a few failed attempts, he drops a gear and takes off. For as mean as this thing looks, it did NOT pull off to quick. Then he slowed down and started again and the story repeats its self at this point. What really irks me is this is one of the cars that come out to the weekly cruise in. So i'm sure the first few weeks of gathering, he will be telling all his friends thats the Mustang he jumped on whenever I pull in.:mad::mad::mad:

Oh well, maybe you will get another chance once your clutch if fixed.

Reminds me of a 60 something Chevy Deuce Coup that looked like he was set up for the track that I pulled next too at a light. I was in my 2004 Mach 1. He kept gunning the engine and when the light turned we took off, up to the speed limit of 55, and I left him behind. The next light caught us with nothing in front of us, but he pulls over in the left turn lane and keeps going.

As most of you know my clutch situation, I had an interesting thing happen on the way to the garage tonight. As I left the clutch was noticeably worse today, hard to get in and out of gear, slipping something terrible, you get the point. I am around 20-25 miles from the garage and finally got to the main highway and cruising along in the slow lane and out of one of the side roads comes a pro street 56/56 chevy. When I pass by I see the eying my car. Needless to say the caught up and ride right beside me, wanting to play.I just look over and laugh because at this point not sure I'm going to make it to the garage or not. So after a few failed attempts, he drops a gear and takes off. For as mean as this thing looks, it did NOT pull off to quick. Then he slowed down and started again and the story repeats its self at this point. What really irks me is this is one of the cars that come out to the weekly cruise in. So i'm sure the first few weeks of gathering, he will be telling all his friends thats the Mustang he jumped on whenever I pull in.:mad::mad::mad:
DAMMIT,, It just had to be a damn Chevro-let-me-down. Anything else would have been OK

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well, maybe you will get another chance once your clutch if fixed.

Reminds me of a 60 something Chevy Deuce Coup that looked like he was set up for the track that I pulled next too at a light. I was in my 2004 Mach 1. He kept gunning the engine and when the light turned we took off, up to the speed limit of 55, and I left him behind. The next light caught us with nothing in front of us, but he pulls over in the left turn lane and keeps going.
Yeah I can promise he would have never even attempted to jump on my little black car:angel:

Tnfastbk - Don't let it bother you, remember at the end of the day he's still driving a Chevy and you've got a Mustang. :D

He'll always have to overcompensate for his inadequacy lollerz

Hate it that you had the clutch problem! ...and there is that issue with jerks on the road and street racing. NOT that I've ever done anything like that in the past.

Now I'm first a classic car guy...no brand preference for me. but I do own to classic Mustangs.

But back about 2006 I had a 65 SS Malibu. Some kid rolls up beside me at about 30mph...in a 200? something Mustang GT. When I slowed down he stops me to see my 454!! I raise the hood to his dismay was a 350 bout 400hp. He ask 'how'd you beat me".... "Well son its the 1965 powerglide that you didnt take into consideration":D:D:D

Now the Ford story was early 1991 ish.... 67 Coupe with a 302 built by AER Robert McGraw http://www.aermanufacturing.com/about/history.html

a 396 badged 69 Camaro SS jumped on me in Whiskey Flats Texas (yep thats a real place).... he got all he wanted!!! Prbbably the fastest car Ive ever owned!

Well look at it this way: As you declined the challenge, you did not lose anything. You gotta play to win or lose.

And remember, in life you always meet twice. :)

Get his a$$ next time when your clutch is fixed, or simply tell him you wanted to spare him from the disgrace.

:)

Latest posts

Back