Found a Mexican 1973 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Ok I guess my medication is not working. I found a 1973 Mexican Mustang Mach 1. Still has the Kilometer speedo and has a little over 98,000 K on it. Of course 4 speed and 351 W, console and still has the original door panels.

I will resist trying to purchase but will see how it goes, lol.

Won't post any pics until I decide what to do.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, my Mustang that spent most of her life overseas had a kilometer/miles per hour speedometer. Kilometer on the outside and miles on the inside circle. 

Besides, just keep telling yourself that this car can replace your meds Dave.

After 24 hours I am over it, lol. Here are some pics.

It is a crashed car in in the western U.S. look on the iaai site. I get on there ocassionally after a flood or hurricane to see what comes up.

I also looked at Shelby's, lol. Ford is going to have to start giving driving lessons when people buy one. There was over 100 crashed Shelby's on the auction block.

So here are the pictures crashed but fixable or parts to restore another Mexican Mustang. We have a member that just recently bought one.

Let me know if anyone goes after it.

panamera gts 0 60

That's a bad hit on a unibody car. Looks like the car had the four wheel steering option. It would surely be crabbing down the road after being repaired. They say steel has memory, but even after the best frame machine operator in the world worked on that car, I would not trust it. Looks like a good parts car for another Mexican Mach 1.

That's a bad hit on a unibody car.  Looks like the car had the four wheel steering option.  It would surely be crabbing down the road after being repaired.  They say steel has memory, but even after the best frame machine operator in the world worked on that car, I would not trust it.  Looks like a good parts car for another Mexican Mach 1.
I wish I could get it next to mine...

It would be a great parts car since you have a Mexican. Anyone can buy from the insurance yard I think it is $200 to get a one year bidders number.

The T-5 72 Mach 1 I have I got off insurance yard back in the 70's. It is amazing how cheap some go for.

With all the floods tornadoes and hurricanes we have tens of thousands are sold each year. I think I heard the other day that there are 40,000 crashes each year to add to the pile.

As far as fixing one if you have a great frame shop and one of the older frame machine that surrounds the car you can fix about anything. The shop that use to pull for me could pull 47 tons in any direction.

He pulled my 20th. Ann Mustang that wife crashed twice. The first time it was bent 4" to one side and you could not tell when done.

One mustang I was looking at on the insurance yard had very little damage and I was at the Ford dealer getting prices for the parts to fix. Parts guy ask what I was doing and told him I was looking at an insurance case. He laughed and told me not to touch that one that the local Chevrolet body shop totaled the car on the frame machine. They pulled too hard and tore the floor pan apart under the car. It only had 600 miles on it.

The 1973 Mexican Mach 1 has the bidding open on it this morning. Here is link to the site if anyone interested in bidding. https://www.iaai.com/vehicle?itemid=30490514&RowNumber=1

I believe it costs you $200 for a one year bid number and you can bid on any car they have on any of their sites. This car is in Arizona.

Would be a great parts car for someone with a Mexican Mustang. So many parts are different. The top loader is different, rear is a Dana, interior is different and of course it has 351 Windsor instead of Cleveland.

Will see what it goes for I say few hundred dollars.

Back