Found a super good deal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

classicsguy

Reaction score
My Car
1968 GT/CS California Special
looks like it has a 73 quarter panel on L.H. side. It does look interesting would probably take less.

David
Seller says that car has never been painted....

OMS

Vendors
Reaction score
My Car
xxx
looks like it has a 73 quarter panel on L.H. side. It does look interesting would probably take less.

David
Seller says that car has never been painted....
I don't believe that

Lower argent is not painted correctly in the door jambs

Valance is not painted argent

Two holes in quarter panel for 73 rubber bumper filler - as David pointed out.

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Yeah... also gonna hafta call BS on the "original paint" claim. In addition to the other observations: TuTone was done incorrectly on a non-Ram Air hood, they said the replaced the hood and trunk lid, and the Mach 1 emblems and hockey stripes are totally missing - no evidence of them ever having been there. If it was a 'no stripes' car, the rocker molding pins are missing, if it was a 'stripes' car then the painter didn't reapply them.

Regardless of the paint status (kind of irrelevant at that price/condition, anyway), I think it's just slightly better than mine when I got it - a bit less rust and the engine's not seized (apparently). Missing the dash pad (with no VIN) is problematic, since most car inspectors, etc., are looking for a dash VIN for pretty much everything.

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
We all have seen worse for more money.
Shyeah!!! I bought worse for almost that kind of money. lollerz

I actually had to post that comment before I was finished (since it took all day to write it - kept getting interrupted by actual 'work'), but I think for the money, I would probably get the car knowing that I would be getting into another project just like mine. Having said that, I don't think I would let myself get into another project like mine. ;)

I would probably keep looking for a less rusty model knowing now what I didn't know then. Which is ironic and a little sad actually, because what I know now would have me doing a better job quicker using the more readily available repop parts.