Found a super good deal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like it has a 73 quarter panel on L.H. side. It does look interesting would probably take less.

David
Seller says that car has never been painted....

looks like it has a 73 quarter panel on L.H. side. It does look interesting would probably take less.

David
Seller says that car has never been painted....
I don't believe that

Lower argent is not painted correctly in the door jambs

Valance is not painted argent

Two holes in quarter panel for 73 rubber bumper filler - as David pointed out.

Yeah... also gonna hafta call BS on the "original paint" claim. In addition to the other observations: TuTone was done incorrectly on a non-Ram Air hood, they said the replaced the hood and trunk lid, and the Mach 1 emblems and hockey stripes are totally missing - no evidence of them ever having been there. If it was a 'no stripes' car, the rocker molding pins are missing, if it was a 'stripes' car then the painter didn't reapply them.

Regardless of the paint status (kind of irrelevant at that price/condition, anyway), I think it's just slightly better than mine when I got it - a bit less rust and the engine's not seized (apparently). Missing the dash pad (with no VIN) is problematic, since most car inspectors, etc., are looking for a dash VIN for pretty much everything.

We all have seen worse for more money.
Shyeah!!! I bought worse for almost that kind of money. lollerz

I actually had to post that comment before I was finished (since it took all day to write it - kept getting interrupted by actual 'work'), but I think for the money, I would probably get the car knowing that I would be getting into another project just like mine. Having said that, I don't think I would let myself get into another project like mine. ;)

I would probably keep looking for a less rusty model knowing now what I didn't know then. Which is ironic and a little sad actually, because what I know now would have me doing a better job quicker using the more readily available repop parts.

Back