Front end collision???

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• Telladega Torino.jpg
    Telladega Torino.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 0
It's amazing more people don't take the time to better align panels, trim, and stripes. It's hard to tell from pictures if it has been in a collision, but it wasn't put together well.

Here's one that looks like the builders knew what they were doing: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-ford-mustang-mach-1-41/
I think the front clip has been stressed ... and that is the best they can do with aliging the trim to the body
Theres more images on the gateway site including this one underneath

I think it's had a bang

Attachments

• 270nnnn copy.jpg
    270nnnn copy.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 270hh.jpg
    270hh.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I see a hastily installed grille, and the headlight doors are badly aligned as are the bumper, fenders and hood. Could simply be they didn't take the time to shim everything properly. Not seeing the damage underneath as pointed out, the strut rod crossmembers were quite often run into immovable things, so a little damage is to be expected. All of the suspension looks new, so the tie rod assemblies are consistent. The available pictures show some very clean panels, and the underside looks good, appears the floors have been replaced with the correct 71-73 panels. Can't see any collision damage from the pics, but maybe @Austin Vert can lend his bodyman's eye?

Tape stripe installation job is terrible, it's almost as if people can't use a piece of string. Yay, another botched hood paint job. In a couple pictures, the driver's door doesn't match the rest of the paint.

Overall, not a bad car considering what people are asking for projects these days. Not endorsing Gateway in any way, but it does look like a lot of care and effort was put into most of this restoration.

Latest posts

Back