Front Suspension Rebuild on my 71

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends. Are you racing your car? My car handles fantastic with all stock style parts except a larger front sway bar, the boxed lower LCA's, and a slightly heavier front spring lowered 1".

No racing in the near future. Just street driving.

Any suggestions on springs? Progressive rates?

Also would like opinions on shocks.

While I'm a big supporter of Don and recommend him every chance I get, I never buy suspension or brake parts from a restoration parts supplier unless absolutely necessary.Had a couple bad experiences and with other places and never went back. I now buy those things primarily from RockAuto. Prices are fantastic and you can pick your level of quality. Top of the line Moog components will set you back around the same, possibly less.
Hemi, I do appreciate all you do here and you give guys some great advise.

Heck a few of us on here, go way back before anyone thought of this Forum.

While Moog use to be the go to USA made company, as with everything else that has changed. 

They source parts from 16 Countries - NOTE the word SOURCE

https://www.suspension.com/blog/where-are-moog-parts-made/

While I also use Moog for my truck and late model cars. I'm not so sure that make the classic control arms anymore.

The control arms I carry are made in Tiawan specifically for ACP. They have ACP's logo stamped on them

ACP does only classic parts for Mustang, Cougar, LTD, Falcon, and more classic Fords.

And to answer the paint question... it looks like a nice heavy black paint.

When I ordered my UCA's and LCA's about two years ago they did say made in USA on the box. All of the other moog items I ordered for steering and such had various other countries listed. I do not know if they would still be as it was over two years ago and rock auto does not put origin information on their site for a lot of items now, moog included.

Local parts stores like advance and autozone chassis parts come from federal mogul as well. Origins vary greatly on these as well. Wonder what the difference is in the moog and parts store brands since they both come from federal mogul?

Back