73 proportioning valve

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan73

Reaction score
My Car
73 coupe
Hello everyone I'm new to this site. I have a 73 coupe that was converted from all drum to a front disc rear drum combination years ago. The car sat for many years and I'm now getting it going again. When I got it out of storage the rear line blew out and I had to replace it. I went to bleed the brakes and didn't get any fluid to the rear lines. I'm guessing the piston in the proportioning valve has shifted. My question is how to shift it back without making a mess of things. On this model the valve is not in a straight line from the front to rear ports on the valve. Is there an easy way to reset these? I had someone suggest taking the switch out of the valve and use something long and skinny to try and shift the valve back.
Thanks everyone in advance.

I 2nd the muscle car research kits. I've rebuilt 3 with his kits. If you use compressed air to extract any of the shuttle valves, wrap it in a cloth towel to catch the parts. I shot one of the spacers right through one of those thick paper towels and into orbit....probably still out there floating beside a satellite :D

Back