G'Day from Australia

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Shane,

Welcome from Melbourne, Australia.

You will find the Forum a great source of information.

All of the Australian guys are very helpful as well as

our friends in USA & Europe.

I have a 71 Mach 1 RHD in the body prep stage.

Melfunctions

Thanks again for the warm welcome guys.

Still waiting to collect my car. :mad: 

Regency Park (rego inspection)has made the dealer fit lap sash belts to the rear.

He has sent it to an engineering crowd to fit up and get certified. I don't know where they are going to mount the top anchor points :-/ 

I just hope it doesn't effect the functionality of being able to drop the rear seat.

Especially as these guys will probably be the only passengers :D 

Regards

Shane

Thanks again for the warm welcome guys.

Still waiting to collect my car. :mad: 

Regency Park (rego inspection)has made the dealer fit lap sash belts to the rear.

He has sent it to an engineering crowd to fit up and get certified. I don't know where they are going to mount the top anchor points :-/ 

I just hope it doesn't effect the functionality of being able to drop the rear seat.

Especially as these guys will probably be the only passengers :D 

Regards

Shane
Yeah, I needed to get lap/sash belt too to get rego for mine. But my fastback didn't have the fold down seat so it was an easy install of the retracting mechanism on the parcel shelf. They might have to find an anchor point further back on the C-pillar for yours, as there is positional calculations required for the mounting points so that the belts are positioned over the passengers shoulder in the right spot.

G'Day Brett,

The dealer knows the dogs will be the main passengers and has told the crowd fitting them to fit fixed lap/sash and not retractable. This hopefully makes the installation less intrusive :-/ 

Regards Shane

PS where abouts in Oz are you?

G'Day Brett,

The dealer knows the dogs will be the main passengers and has told the crowd fitting them to fit fixed lap/sash and not retractable. This hopefully makes the installation less intrusive :-/ 

Regards Shane

PS where abouts in Oz are you?
Bendigo, VIC.

This is how mine turned out, pretty unobtrusive:

seatbelt7.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas.

Finally picked the beast up last weekend. Will take some pics this weekend and post.

Shane

G'Day Gentlemen,

Sorry for the slow response with pics but been very busy with work and doing things on Marsha the Mustang. Replaced the rear springs with 5 leaves in prep for 18 x 10's.

Think I will go with ET's superlite 18 x 8's up front and 18 x 10's on the rear. Waiting for a new 31 spline tru-trac centre and billet axles to come from Chris Loumanis to replace the whining 28 spline 2.75 original centre and axles.These should be here late this week or early next week. ::thumb:: 

Just replaced the stereo which the previous owner had butchered the facia plate to fit with a double din Kenwood unit and some kicker 6x4 door speakers.

i should probably start a build thread for the old girl. She is a 10 ft car that I plan to keep as a daily driver till I'm ready to do a full restomod on her.

Picked up some VDO gauges today to replace the centre cluster - will post some pics of my progress.

Here she is.

Back