Getting Parts, Where's The Best for The Money?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikhead

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 351C
Hello again everyone. I am at the point where about to do paint, and am ready to install interior for my 73. The problem arises where I need parts. Seat covers, door panels, emblems, all the good stuff. Over the last 4 years I have just gotten everything through mustangs unlimited and or junk yards etc. I have been slowly buying stuff over 4 years and notice prices just going up and up. What was a $30 part is now $70 etc. I figured I might as well go for it all and use my money to buy all the parts so I have them so I am not buying them when the prices keep going up. Is there any tips anyone has of where to find stuff, or vendors that have things reasonably priced? Here's the main stuff I need that seems to be the most money:

Headliner

Weather Stripping Kit

Front Suspension Rebuild Kit

Seat Upholstery Front and Rear

Front Seat Foam

Door Panel Wood Trim

Door Panel Chrome Trim

Door Panels

Dash Pad

Carpet

Ram Air

And eventually some random odds and ends, as well as some body pieces.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

There's this old dude from Ohio...I think his name is Dom...no...Don! That's it! Lessee...he owns some sort of company that appears to specialize in 7123's, but I can't remember the name of the company. I suspect he's a vendor on this forum...lemme check...

Yup! Ohio Mustang Supply: http://ohiomustang.com/

Everyone raves about him and his service/advice. Check him out...

Call Don at OMS. He knows which parts are good and which are not and he actually knows these cars as he has built several himself. If he doesn't have a particular part he can point you to a source. Chuck

I'm looking for good parts at a reasonable price. Not nessacerrly original. Oms looks like he has somethings cheaper but not all the parts I'm looking for

I go through the following process when it comes to picking parts.

• Check OMS, NPD, Summit Racing, and CJPP's catalogs (in that order)
  • If OMS has it, buy from OMS (a few dollars difference is worth the service received from OMS, IMHO)
  • If OMS doesn't have it, buy from NPD then Summit Racing - using CJPP only as a last resort and/or for items only sold exclusively through CJPP (I've been burned by 'back-order status' too many times)

There will be some things you can't order from any of those vendors - shop around and find the best deal, in that case... as well as you might be stuck going through a specific vendor for specialized items.

There it is - that's how I procured the over $30K in parts & materials required to put mine back together.

• If OMS has it, buy from OMS (a few dollars difference is worth the service received from OMS, IMHO)
  • If OMS doesn't have it, buy from NPD then Summit Racing - using CJPP only as a last resort and/or for items only sold exclusively through CJPP (I've been burned by 'back-order status' too many times)

There will be some things you can't order from any of those vendors - shop around and find the best deal, in that case... as well as you might be stuck going through a specific vendor for specialized items.

There it is - that's how I procured the over $30K in parts & materials required to put mine back together.
Thanks will do

Agree.  Ordering from CJ might mean you move to a new house before the part actually arrives.

Hello again everyone. I am at the point where about to do paint, and am ready to install interior for my 73. The problem arises where I need parts. Seat covers, door panels, emblems, all the good stuff. Over the last 4 years I have just gotten everything through mustangs unlimited and or junk yards etc. I have been slowly buying stuff over 4 years and notice prices just going up and up. What was a $30 part is now $70 etc. I figured I might as well go for it all and use my money to buy all the parts so I have them so I am not buying them when the prices keep going up. Is there any tips anyone has of where to find stuff, or vendors that have things reasonably priced? Here's the main stuff I need that seems to be the most money:

Headliner  

Weather Stripping Kit 

Front Seat Foam

Door Panel Wood Trim 

Door Panel Chrome

Door Panels

Dash Pad 

Carpet  

Ram Air 

Headliner   39.95  what about sail panels and visors I have them too

Weather Stripping Kit  289.95

Front Suspension Rebuild Kit   304.95

Seat Upholstery Front and Rear  what color

Front Seat Foam 119.95 ea

Door Panel Wood Trim  I have new and some very nice used ones

Door Panel Chrome Trim same as above

Door Panels what color

Dash Pad  129.95

Carpet   go to rock auto

Ram Air  639.95

D

Headliner  

Weather Stripping Kit 

Front Seat Foam

Door Panel Wood Trim 

Door Panel Chrome

Door Panels

Dash Pad 

Carpet  

Ram Air 

Headliner   39.95  what about sail panels and visors I have them too

Weather Stripping Kit  289.95

Front Suspension Rebuild Kit   304.95

Seat Upholstery Front and Rear  what color

Front Seat Foam 119.95 ea

Door Panel Wood Trim  I have new and some very nice used ones

Door Panel Chrome Trim same as above

Door Panels what color

Dash Pad  129.95

Carpet   go to rock auto

Ram Air  639.95

D
I just placed an order with you. I hope it went through it said there was an error but I got a email confirmation so we shall see.

Back