Good looking 71 Mach project on EBay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never heard of the common tick related to the 351C engine other than the ones the might be crawling on it after it's been sitting outside for an extended period of time. Which may be true in this case.

I've never heard of the common tick related to the 351C engine other than the ones the might be crawling on it after it's been sitting outside for an extended period of time. Which may be true in this case.
Hydraulic lifters can 'bleed down' and make a ticking sound upon initial start up. It is common in motors that sit for a long period. As the engine is restarted oil pressure allows upper cylinders to receive lubrication, the sound can go away or at least be less noticeable.

Ray

Hydraulic lifters can 'bleed down' and make a ticking sound upon initial start up. It is common in motors that sit for a long period. As the engine is restarted oil pressure allows upper cylinders to receive lubrication, the sound can go away or at least be less noticeable.

Ray
+1 the louder the exhaust, the quieter the lifters and rockers are.

Not a bad price for it as far as i'm concerned. You can buy them cheaper in this condition but they are getting harder to find...NOT. I would say it's a $800-1200 car

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though the car needs some structural work/rust repair it does look fairly original. But it is overpriced for sure at $4,000.

Ray

I don't know. The car is a bit rusty to start with but it comes with some nice goodies that aren't bolted on yet. I agree that $4000 is too much.

It's a striking combo without the side-stripes - and that's about all that's going for it once the problems become apparent.

The rotted wheelhouses in the back ought to be a clear indicator as to the rest of the car. Crinkle, crinkle, crunchy.

-Kurt

It sure looked like 15 inch wheels, caps and rings but NOPE, they are the 14's.

Maybe I was just wanting them to be the 15 inch wheels. LOL

But I like the original caps and rings , and no-side stripes look.

Ray

It sure looked like 15 inch wheels, caps and rings but NOPE, they are the 14's.

Maybe I was just wanting them to be the 15 inch wheels. LOL

But I like the original caps and rings , and no-side stripes look.

Ray
Yup, 14-inchers.

I too like the dog dish and trim ring sans stripes look but also with a Tu-tone hood and twist locks. That's perfect IMHO. Guess what my car will look like when done and yes, that's how it left the factory. ;) I might even leave off the rear spoiler.

Latest posts

Back