Got my doors blown off.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a polar opposite story - a few weeks ago on the way to Cars & Coffee, I had a 2003 'Vette pull up next to me at a light, and blipped his throttle to get my attention, I looked over and blipped back in reply.  We both had our windows down, I gave him a thumbs-up and hollered, "I suppose you want to give it a go?"  And the guy blew me away.  He literally said, "No way, Man.  I want to see more of that cool car than just the taillights."  He followed me to the Cars & Coffee and we hung out for about a half hour before he had to take off to run errands.

Made my day!
 You know, that's what it's all about, the people we meet along the way and the friendships that we make. It's way more than just a hobby fixin up old cars. Nice story Eric.

I have a polar opposite story - a few weeks ago on the way to Cars & Coffee, I had a 2003 'Vette pull up next to me at a light, and blipped his throttle to get my attention, I looked over and blipped back in reply.  We both had our windows down, I gave him a thumbs-up and hollered, "I suppose you want to give it a go?"  And the guy blew me away.  He literally said, "No way, Man.  I want to see more of that cool car than just the taillights."  He followed me to the Cars & Coffee and we hung out for about a half hour before he had to take off to run errands.

Made my day!
So you were you driving MRS 4X4's CAMARO  .... again

@Mister 4x4

"No way, Man.  I want to see more of that cool car than just the taillights."  He followed me... "

So he ended up see your taillights only anyway :D
LOL!!  Can't really argue with that!   :thumb:

So you were you driving MRS 4X4's CAMARO  .... again
You know, interestingly enough, her V6-powered RS actually would have about the same HP as that 'Vette.  :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
I did tooling work with a shop in Sussex Wisconsin. His company car was a Viper. We went to lunch in it one day. I could not sit up straight in the car my head was against the roof had to hold my head sideways, lol. The roads, even though asphalt, in that area and routes that the heavy trucks make. That Viper was jumping all over the road. So Brian the owner decided he wanted to go to Viper driving school. You had to give them a credit card with if I remember correct for $35,000 in case you crashed. They started out in Dodge Neon with instructor. Then they got in the Vipers. Brian was gearing down for a turn missed the shift gate and went down three gears instead of one. When he let the clutch out the rear was jumping up and down and the car spun out. Brian never did turn a lap faster in the Viper than he did in the Neon. He sold next year and got a lightening pick up. 
Local guy here crashed his viper and my friend fixed it was stupid expensive and parts are really expensive. The guy get the car back and crashes it again. He lost it both times going into third by spinning out. He got Clay to fix again and he sold it. 
On cars pulling up and wanting to run. I was with gal friend in my 73 vert 351 C with a few upgrades nothing big. At a red light a corvette pulls up also from the 70's. He revs his engine so I nod and I gave him the hit or jump. When my mustang shifted into second and spun the tires I jumped out in front of him. At next light his wife or girl friend was giving him a hard time. My gal friend was dying laughing. 

1 hour ago, 92GTS-R said:

Wow, what a blast!! Are you sure you're not "The Stig"?  What speeds were you hitting.

Also, do you mind if I share that video with a friend of mine who has ordered a 2021 Corvette C8 to replace the 2000 Corvette Light Weight C6 he just sold. That car was fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, what a blast!! Are you sure you're not "The Stig"?  What speeds were you hitting.

Also, do you mind if I share that video with a friend of mine who has ordered a 2021 Corvette C8 to replace the 2000 Corvette Light Weight C6 he just sold. That car was fast.
It's all out there on YouTube,No problem at all about sharing.

As for speed, we were hitting around 120 at max.

They let you out in staggered groups, on the last lap we actually lapped the Merc. 

IMG-20170628-WA0000.jpg

@92GTS-R

Thanks Mark, that's one awesome machine there. It would definitely "blow my doors off".

Now, play time over, go get your Mustang ready for next year eh!

All the best getting the floors in, but a pity you don't have somewhere inside to do the work. That would suck doing it outside.

Geoff.

I have stunned a number of modern Mustangs, Camaros and a few Harley's with my 2017 Boxster S. I could have run over the Harley guy at 110. That said, my 73 tweaked Mach 1 and 70 Dart Swinger are just fun to drive.

I have stunned a number of modern Mustangs, Camaros and a few Harley's with my 2017 Boxster S. I could have run over the Harley guy at 110. That said, my 73 tweaked Mach 1 and 70 Dart Swinger are just fun to drive.
Boxster S eh, NICE!! It would blow my door off for sure.

Back