Great News for Memphis Area Racers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1969 Mach 1
1973 Mach 1
1973 Grande
1989 LX 5.0L
2003 Mercury Marauder
2015 Lincoln MKT
Several months ago, the Memphis Motorsports park was closed and put up for sale.

On yesterday, the property was auctioned off with the winning bid coming from Moroso Investment Partners. The closing is supposed to take place in about 30 days. The company's (which also owns the Palm Beach International) CEO has also stated that he hopes to announce several national IHRA drag-racing events in the coming days or week.

Quite frankly, I (and I am sure many others) was concerned that I was going to have a "long haul" to the track to satisfy "THE COBRA's" need to "unlimber." With this purchase, I will have to travel less than 10 miles!

This is absolutely GREAT news for Memphis-area racers!!

BT

Several months ago, the Memphis Motorsports park was closed and put up for sale.

On yesterday, the property was auctioned off with the winning bid coming from Moroso Investment Partners. The closing is supposed to take place in about 30 days. The company's (which also owns the Palm Beach International) CEO has also stated that he hopes to announce several national IHRA drag-racing events in the coming days or week.

Quite frankly, I (and I am sure many others) was concerned that I was going to have a "long haul" to the track to satisfy "THE COBRA's" need to "unlimber." With this purchase, I will have to travel less than 10 miles!

This is absolutely GREAT news for Memphis-area racers!!

BT

Is that a 1/4 mile track? Around here everything is 1/8th unless somehow you are lucky enough to get on the track in Bristol.

I am not sure how they will reconfigure but I would imagine it will remain a 1/4 mile track..it also had a road course and a 3/4 mile oval track under the old iteration.

Something for just about everybody:)!

BT

I am not sure how they will reconfigure but I would imagine it will remain a 1/4 mile track..it also had a road course and a 3/4 mile oval track under the old iteration.

Something for just about everybody:)!

BT
Plenty of room to stretch the new Big Block

Huh, just did a little searching and apparently the Moroso family sold the Florida track to these guys back in 2008. Did not know that - shame on me as the Moroso factory is 8 miles from here and the production manager is a friend of mine.

I guess Ricky and Sue had better thing to do with their time....

Well, Moroso has officially closed the deal!

According to the "paper", the facility will reopen sanctioned as an IHRA facility with Summit Super Series bracket racing and weekly test and tune sessions.

They are also allegedly working to book National and Regional events for the 2011 season and negotiating with several sanctioning bodies. Plans are to have the track open in April!!

Yaahoooo!!

BT

My opinion I prefer IHRA to NHRA. The NHRA tracks I've been to the sportsman is second fiddle. They would rather have the big names rather than the average racer.At any rate thats my 2 cents worth.

Jim

Back