Greetings from Maine from a new member!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Latjazz

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
Hi,
My name is Robert, I live in Maine and I am a Middle school Band Director and Mustang enthusiast. I have a 71 Mach 1, 351 Cleveland. I am the 3rd owner. Working on a Resto-Mod type renovation of my Mach1. If anyone has pics/advice as to the location/installation of Fuel/brake lines, I would really appreciate them! That's what I am working on at the moment! I am glad to have joined. I've read some great advice on this site, and decided to join. Maybe someday I'll be giving advice as well! Trying to enjoy the last bit of the Summer before I head back to teaching my Middle School kids! Hopefully soon I will be driving my Mach 1 to school in the cool Autumn days here in Maine! Thanks for reading my post!

Hello and welcome form SW Ontario, Canada.
I too have a 71 Mach 1 M code with a 4 speed. Mine is pretty much as original as far as sheet metal is concerned and I chose to keep it close to factory, but with some upgrades.
As far as fuel lines are concerned, I recommend SS and absolutely use Fuel Injector grade rubber hose where needed along with CORRECT FUEL LINE CLAMPS! NO GEAR CLAMPS.
If you intend to replace the gas tank, buy the Spectra Premium tank from Rock Auto (cheapest) Fuel line I got from NPD. I'll not go further into detail right now, but I can give you numbers later if required.
Brake lines, I also went SS, but good quality standard brake line will outlast you and your car.
Good luck and enjoy your ride.

Howdy! Here's another welcome from Texas!

Unless you're running fuel injection and an electric pump, I'd recommend staying with the stock configuration. Same goes for the brake lines. The factory assembly manuals may depict these if your original lines are not available to copy.

Hello and welcome form SW Ontario, Canada.
I too have a 71 Mach 1 M code with a 4 speed. Mine is pretty much as original as far as sheet metal is concerned and I chose to keep it close to factory, but with some upgrades.
As far as fuel lines are concerned, I recommend SS and absolutely use Fuel Injector grade rubber hose where needed along with CORRECT FUEL LINE CLAMPS! NO GEAR CLAMPS.
If you intend to replace the gas tank, buy the Spectra Premium tank from Rock Auto (cheapest) Fuel line I got from NPD. I'll not go further into detail right now, but I can give you numbers later if required.
Brake lines, I also went SS, but good quality standard brake line will outlast you and your car.
Good luck and enjoy your ride.
Thanks a bunch Stanglover. I appreciate the welcome and the tips!

Welcome from Chicago! There are a lot of knowledgeable people here, I have been trying to learn as much as I can from them. There is always someone willing to answer a question or give some advise. I 'm sure you will come to see how helpful everyone is. As far as fuel and brake lines I agree with Sheriff to stay with stock configurations if possible. I replaced all my brake lines with stock. I am going with a Sniper EFI so I needed a 3/8' feed and a 3/8' return so I bent two 3/8' lines according to the original and ran them in tandem in the stock routing. and I am installing a fuel tank with an in-tank fuel pump. this way it will appear as stock as possible.

Attachments

• Mach 1 328.jpg
    Mach 1 328.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Mach 1 329.jpg
    Mach 1 329.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 0
Welcome from Connecticut, your southern New England neighbor!

welcome from North Carolina
Where at is Maine do you live.When I retired from the Army I wife an I moved to Maine for 2 years We lived In north Anson. which is in sumerset county.
I have a 72 Mach 1 as well and let me say If you are replacing your break lines I do recommend SS lines because with standard lines they will rust and with the weather you have in Maine and all the salt thats put on the road they will rust out as mine did. when I left Maine and moved back to my home town N.C about a year later my break lines and fuel lines were shot from rust. Good luck.

Hey there neighbor.
Welcome from southern New Hampshire.

Latest posts

Back