New from Texas

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickmustang

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 429 CJ
Just joined from central Texas. I still own my high school car, a 1971 Mach 1 429 CJ light pewter auto/air car I purchased in 1975. I’ve owned several B351s, and one of the eight 429 SCJ convertibles. My high school car will be my last restoration and I’m just starting. Thanks.

Welcome from Chicago! That's awesome that you still have your high school car!
I know where mine is but the guy who bought it from me 40 years ago won't sell it. Enjoy the restoration process, you're in the right place for these cars. It sounds like you have a lot of experience with 71-73's but the people here never cease to amaze me with their knowledge.

Last edited:
Welcome from Chicago! That's awesome that you still have your high school car!
I know where mine is but the guy who bought it from me 40 years ago won't sell it. Enjoy the restoration process, you're in the right place for these cars. It sounds like you have a lot of experience with 71-73's but the people here never seem to amaze me with their knowledge.
Seems your a victim of auto spell in your last sentence! 😆

Seems your a victim of auto spell in your last sentence! 😆
Yeah sorry, I meant to say never cease to amaze me, I really shouldn't pop on the forum and enter something while I'm at work. I always seem to mistype or use the wrong term or phrase because my focus is split. I went back and edited my earlier post for future reader's benefit, lol.

Welcome from Ohio. As mentioned, please post some pics and start a post on your restoration so we can follow along. Always nice to see what other people are doing and how they are doing it.

Just joined from central Texas. I still own my high school car, a 1971 Mach 1 429 CJ light pewter auto/air car I purchased in 1975. I’ve owned several B351s, and one of the eight 429 SCJ convertibles. My high school car will be my last restoration and I’m just starting. Thanks.
Welcome from Louisiana…I still have my high school car but it’s a plain jane 302 fastback. I’ve been trying to restore it for 15 years now. I hope you have better luck! I thought I would dip it so it was completely disassembled. Now finding we’re the parts go or finding the parts is hampering me big time.

Welcome from So Cal. I had a 71 Silver 429 SCJ until I couldn’t afford driving it to and from college. Oh to be young and so stupid..

Pics are appreciated.

Back