Grille adjustment

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DerAlte

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang HT + 429 + C6
Hi all!

I got grille right position as it is fastened by one screw in the up middle and there is no height adjustment. As you can see there is big gap between grille and hood. And I can easily open hood from that gap.

Bit issues with bumber too, it self made from glass fiber. But I can live with that. Gap is more annoying.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Loosen all bolts/screws on your grille and the headlight buckets/brackets. Now you should be able to adjust your brackets (where it bolts to the radiator support). The headlight buckets themselves are adjustable as well. It's best to get a helper.

Did this last weekend, as NOT A T5 said, its the headlight bracket you need to unscrew till there is play.

As I have no helper, I use thin soft wood to center and support. Its on a 73, but should be same.

There are 2 on the back going to the radiator support, these allow bits of play on the height, but mainly help center the grille.

On the lights brackets, on the inner side, you have 2 , both on top of each other, they fine tune the height.

You might also need to unscrew the brackets in the middle and reposition them to fit the new grille position.

Latest posts

Back