hand written assembly line numbers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davechesnut

Reaction score
My Car
1972 mustang grande
my 72 grande has the numbers 46 and 2669 hand written in what appears to be a paint pen on the top of the radiator support. i suppose a line worker wrote them on thier in dearborn in 1972? wonder if anyone else has this and any idea what it means?

Haven't heard of any numbers like this from the factory. It could be a replacement radiator support from a junkyard. They usually mark them up before selling them.

Haven't heard of any numbers like this from the factory. It could be a replacement radiator support from a junkyard. They usually mark them up before selling them.
Agreed, every part I've gotten from a junkyard has been mark in suck a way. I don't know how long paint pens last but I doubt it's 30+ years.

Last edited by a moderator:
My origanal hood had "12-1972" in hand written paint pen underneath from the factory.The car was built December of 1972.
touche, but what would 46-2669 mean

Last edited by a moderator:
My origanal hood had "12-1972" in hand written paint pen underneath from the factory.The car was built December of 1972.
touche, but what would 46-2669 mean
It means that the part came a looong way from the future.. Month 46, year 2669 :p And mustang suppliers still have their business going :p

Back