Headers for 460 BBF ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello guys

I have a question about some headers a guy offered me for a 460 BBF engine. My question is, does anyone of you guys know how that type of header style will fit in a 1973 Mustang? Will they run into some issues with the crossmember?

1866BD79-F2C1-4CE6-BD67-B071787CBD4F.jpeg

8C700EEA-914E-4D62-94FF-2FDACE4CAAE3.jpeg

I would agree with Hemi Killer on the fitment of the headers shown.

Another thing I noticed is that if you are going to use those type of motor mounts from an LTD or Torino, the motor ends up being lower adding less clearance than that the original two piece designs.

Thanks, Jay

I would agree with Hemi Killer on the fitment of the headers shown.

Another thing I noticed is that if you are going to use those type of motor mounts from an LTD or Torino, the motor ends up being lower adding less clearance than  that the original two piece designs.

Thanks, Jay
Thanks for your answer. I actually did’nt know that it was LTD/Torino engine mounts, I actually thought it was a 2 piece design. Where can I get engine mounts that will fit, do you know that? I cant really find them anywhere but maybe am I not looking the right places :)

I have the Hookers shown above. Know that they are a huge pain to install. (not to mention to remove them which is even worse when corroded)

They are in 3 pieces each. the cyl 3,4 bank 1 and 7,8 bank 2 are tubes that needs be inserted while rotating a bit inside the rest of the tube from the front cylinders going under the crossmember. If you are lucky to have access to a lift it should be a bit more easy, and having a second pair of hands would also be welcome.

If only they had made the tubes going down straight by cutting them higher, you could bolt the rear ones a bit and then push up the rest in/up. but no, they choose to make the 2 loose pipes at different angles, forcing you to rotate/move/tap/scream/swear while busy. They are that expensive prolly because of the fun times that comes with them.

I have the FPA headers. They are a little pricey but they fit ok. I had to do minor clearancing on one tube at the steering box.

Mustangs Unlimited has all the engine mount components for the BBF.

I have the FPA headers. They are a little pricey but they fit ok. I had to do minor clearancing on one tube at the steering box.

Minor clearancing?   lollerz I used the same set from FPA and I had to smash the hell out of them to almost clear 

steering box. Got my money back and went back to 3 piece hookers.  ::shrug::   Headman lists a multi piece set under hustler brand. Anybody tried those? FPA does, however, make some very nice parts, even for oddball combos like boss 429 and cleveland with yates ports.

F143855327.jpg
hooker 6126, 1972-76 torino/ranchero est. very similar chassis, 1 7/8 port can handle c.j. ports. worth a shot anyway, even if u have to "modify" them.  :p

Back