heater hose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the front looking rearward; left heater hose goes to lower nipple in the front of the block. The right heater hose has the control valve in it at the end of the S hose. The hose continues to the top nipple in the water pump. The lower threaded hole in the water pump is for the ported vacuum switch. Info from 1972 assembly manual, page E2Z-695-11. I hope this helps. Chuck
So you are saying that the hoses will cross on the side of the motor
Yes, just inboard of the dip stick. Your car does have the AC heater box doesn't it? The most inboard heater core nipple feeds the control valve and then goes to the water pump. The outboard nipple is connected to the nipple in the front of the block. From the factory, the two hoses are strapped together at the inboard side of the passenger side valve cover, behind the factory coil location. Sorry if I'm not being clear. Chuck
No you are just making sure and yes I have a/c in the same box

Okay here are some pictures so I make sure I am hooking this to the right tube. I have the right tube connected to the intake port, whish does have the heater control valve on it. I got some good new to brake, while typing this the ups guy showed up with my tips, breather, and kickdown assembly.

I am going to post some pictures which only shows one hose that goes all the way back. I understand why some people went with teh s hose or j. I just want someone to look at it and tell me if that is correct. If i run it the other way it seems that the water pump hose would be wrapped around the intake hose. But again I am posting pics so I can get help so I dont know,

Thanks guy getting closer and closer to firing it up

P3120001.JPG

P3120002.JPG

P3120005.JPG

Okay guys I am hooking the right side to the switch then to the intake or hotside. I will then hook the left to the water pump which should be the return. If this is wrong please let me know.

Thats what i ended up doing. I had flow through both hoses. It would have been a full success if the heater core didnt go bad on me and soak my brandnew carpet all up after leaking into the heater box.

It is easy to break the solder joint where the outlets attach to the core. It usually happens when someone attempts to remove the hoses that have been clamped to the outlets for 20+ years. Just cut the hoses off with a razor knife, don't pull on the hoses. Chuck

That is good advice, and it is pretty common sense, but that usually falls to the waste side when it fails to come off, you just pull harder,lol.....

I found the hole toward the bottom of the core. I thought i may have cracked the inlet as well but the core was just junk to begin with i guess

yeah I remember taking that box apart, cleaning it, and putting it back in and I am glad it is over with. I also hope I never have to get back in there, so that means I will have to get back in there,lol.......

Back