heater hoses

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok i checked this out and it doesn't matter which one goes where it will still do the same thing.I looked at pics from my car and crossed referenced with some pics from other cars and I have seen both hookups.I also saw quite a few responses when I googled your question that pretty much say the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been a few weeks since I labeled mine, but I'm pretty sure the top hose went to the pump and the bottom one went back to the block. But I agree...it shouldn't matter!

Ok i checked this out and it doesn't matter which one goes where it will still do the same thing.I looked at pics from my car and crossed referenced with some pics from other cars and I have seen both hookups.I also saw quite a few responses when I googled your question that pretty much say the same thing.
I thought that might be the case but I wasn't sure. Thanks!

I thought that might be the case but I wasn't sure. Thanks!
Just remember though sometimes on certain vehicles it does matter on the connection at the engine side, I had one that I pulled the engine on and when I put it back in I got the hoses switched around and had no heater for a year so I decided to flush the core that didn't fix the problem so I decided to reverse the hose connections and then instantly I got heat.

AD

Last edited by a moderator:
Back