Hello from San Jose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am new i have 2 71 mach that my son was supposed to restore, he became ill, now in school, i am disabled need to sell them

Welcome!  That is a great looking ride!   You will like it here, lots of friendly people and amazing information.

As a fellow convertible owner let me suggest you look into getting some subframe connectors.  Do a search to see why.
Thanks for the advice. I was already looking at the Golden West convert version as well as other shock tower/monte carlo bar for further rigidity. Not a welder so Iguess I'll have to take them to the local speed/muffler shop for some installation assistance.

Thanks for the advice.

Todd

Welcome from Germany

Juergen

Welcome!  That is a great looking ride!  You will like it here, lots of friendly people and amazing information.

As a fellow convertible owner let me suggest you look into getting some subframe connectors.  Do a search to see why.
Hi Will E.

I took your advice and had some Golden west subframes put in a about a year ago. I had put in a new front steering, tie rods, control arms etc and still felt float and flex. Since the new subframes so much improved handling. Thanks for the suggestion. Since buying in Fall of 2017, I have replaced tires, front end, fuel pump, radiator, heater core, leaf springs, shocks, mufflers (wanted a little more rumble), sub frames, and deep cycle battery (why not). Replaced a lot of gaskets originally as the car sat idle for about 5 years

You upgraded your headers and I am torn torn between headers (performance), rims (appearance), or air condition re-install (return to stock). I think what would give me the biggest smile would be headers and interested on your satisfaction with your hooker headers.

Thanks

Welcome!  That is a great looking ride!  You will like it here, lots of friendly people and amazing information.

As a fellow convertible owner let me suggest you look into getting some subframe connectors.  Do a search to see why.
Hi Will E.

I took your advice and had some Golden west subframes put in a about a year ago. I had put in a new front steering, tie rods, control arms etc and still felt float and flex. Since the new subframes so much improved handling. Thanks for the suggestion. Since buying in Fall of 2017, I have replaced tires, front end, fuel pump, radiator, heater core, leaf springs, shocks, mufflers (wanted a little more rumble), sub frames, and deep cycle battery (why not). Replaced a lot of gaskets originally as the car sat idle for about 5 years

You upgraded your headers and I am torn torn between headers (performance), rims (appearance), or air condition re-install (return to stock). I think what would give me the biggest smile would be headers and interested on your satisfaction with your hooker headers.

Thanks
Welcome from Tampa, love the color  :cool:

Back