Hello from the Bluegrass State.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome from West Virginia!

Hey bluegrass welcome aboard from Ohio. I restored a 1971 convertible. Lots of work. Good luck with your project i hope to see it next labor day in Columbus for the Mustang club of America grand national show. FYI I am also just taking apart a 1973 grande that I got for parts. I will have a good set of doors no holes, perfect shock towers, very good fenders coplete cowl with no holes. This car had a carb fire which cooked the carb and the inside of the car but only the paint on outside. This car appears to be from the south or out west so very little rust through. If you need something specific let me know and i may be able to help you save some cash. I live in central Ohio, Email [email protected]. I will be using the disc brake parts and possibly the 351C and trans. I have a 351W and C4 in mine which is wrong engine. Well if i don't hear from you good luck and have fun.
I tried to email you but my email has been freaky lately and I doubt it made it through. You probably do have some parts I need and I am in the process now of making a list of parts I will have to replace. Doors are probably going to be on that list since the lower panels of mine are rough. PM me a list of what all you have. Maybe a pic would help too so I can see what the '73 looks like now. Thanks for the offer. I have two good trailers, a pickup to pull a trailer, and plenty of tools so I can always get parts hauled. My problem right now is storage.

DSCN0283.JPGOk so now time for the pictures I promised so all can see my '71 Grande in all it's unglory. Yes it is rough and I know that I am getting into some serious work here and it isn't going to be cheap. That is why I am looking right now for a better option for storage and then I can begin to tear it down to find out what all needs doing. So far I am certain it will need extensive chassis and suspension work. Probably at least a partial floor pan replacement, new torque boxes, new floor supports, new rear frame rails, and so on. I am thinking my way through this in a methodical manner and if it takes a few years to complete, well so be it.

It is not going to be an all original restoration job. This is going to be a restoration and upgrade job. Engine, transmission, rear end, suspension, brakes, electrical, and more are going to be updated. So its going to be my old high school and college days Mustang only better.

Looking forward to all the emotions that go along with such a project :(:D:huh::mad::dodgy::s:) and ultimately :cool: when it's done.

Last edited by a moderator:
A belated welcome from northern Nevada. You've got a really interesting project and a great attitude toward it. I suggest you start a "Build" thread dedicated to your project. Please keep us updated with pics and story. I'm looking forward to watching your progress and helping out when possible.

Glad to have you here!

A belated welcome from northern Nevada. You've got a really interesting project and a great attitude toward it. I suggest you start a "Build" thread dedicated to your project. Please keep us updated with pics and story. I'm looking forward to watching your progress and helping out when possible.

Glad to have you here!
That's a great idea. That will be just the ticket and I can begin to put together some ideas for my project car.

Which part of the Ohio River? I am deployed right now but stationed at Fort Knox.
I am a few miles east of Louisville.

I feel your pain then. We are searching for a house to buy in the area and it amazes me how many are messed. To many places either have mold issues, foundation issues or both. Beautiful area with some amazing house. Sadly a large disparity between what is affordable 150k and below and what is livable. Most move in ready livable houses seem to be above 200k.

Welcome from Coastal Alabama. Be sure to add a pin to our Member Map located under the "Fun Stuff" tab at the top of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back