Hello, new member from NW Ohio. 73 convertible.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome! A great looking 73. This is a great venue from which to get support and assistance. I've been using it a lot the last week and everyone has been very supportive.
I definitely see that already !
BBEEUUTTIIFFULL!
Welcome from Phoenix. Beautiful car you've got there.
Thank you !

Some of you ask about my history with this Mustang. Although I have had Mustangs off and on for 42 years, I have only had this one for one month. Found it on marketplace 7 hrs. away in Pa. Even tho I'm a total car nut, the 71-73 Mustangs are my all time favorite. I have had a few over the years, as well as several other years of Mustangs also. This one is what I have been wanting for several years. To me it's my dream car. I had a short list of what I wanted as far as options, colors etc. There are a few color combinations that would have worked. This is one of my favorite exterior colors (Gold Glo) the interior has been replaced with a beige with houndstooth. I don't know where they found a beige for a 73 ? I want to change it to Ginger. I'm going to order door panels, dash pad, visors, carpet, looks like the rest I will have to dye and use lacquer paint on like console, bach seat side panels etc. I don't know yet if I want to dye the vinyl parts of my current seats and keep the houndstooth, or replace the covers ? (Any input) ? Most of my interior is like new but I just want the ginger color. Maybe someone would be interested in the beige pieces I will have left.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240403-205719.png
    Screenshot_20240403-205719.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240403-205845.png
    Screenshot_20240403-205845.png
    1,010 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240403-205809.png
    Screenshot_20240403-205809.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240403-205814.png
    Screenshot_20240403-205814.png
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240403-205819.png
    Screenshot_20240403-205819.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Some of you ask about my history with this Mustang. Although I have had Mustangs off and on for 42 years, I have only had this one for one month. Found it on marketplace 7 hrs. away in Pa. Even tho I'm a total car nut, the 71-73 Mustangs are my all time favorite. I have had a few over the years, as well as several other years of Mustangs also. This one is what I have been wanting for several years. To me it's my dream car. I had a short list of what I wanted as far as options, colors etc. There are a few color combinations that would have worked. This is one of my favorite exterior colors (Gold Glo) the interior has been replaced with a beige with houndstooth. I don't know where they found a beige for a 73 ? I want to change it to Ginger. I'm going to order door panels, dash pad, visors, carpet, looks like the rest I will have to dye and use lacquer paint on like console, bach seat side panels etc. I don't know yet if I want to dye the vinyl parts of my current seats and keep the houndstooth, or replace the covers ? (Any input) ? Most of my interior is like new but I just want the ginger color. Maybe someone would be interested in the beige pieces I will have left.
I'm not usually a fan of yellow, but that's a pretty girl. I can only say this, "Drive it like you stole it".

Latest posts

Back