Hemmings Muscle Machines 71 SCJ Mach1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the article. (I really like the 'graph paper' data illustrations they do on some articles). I knew the SCJs were rare, but never realized that they were so rare that no magazine articles testing these monsters could be found. Prompted me to do some research on the differences between the CJ and SCJ. Definitely more powerful than the mere 5 extra HP that Ford rated them at. Typical Ford :)

You know what bugs me? American cars are rare in Europe in general.

Now I know where an original 71 Mach SCJ is hiding here in Luxembourg. It's a one owner car, probably has less than 30000 miles on it and has been garaged all its life.

No one knows about it.

I did talk to the owner a few months ago to make sure it was not an urban legend and it's actually there but he's one of those get off my lawn guys and I did not even get a glimpse of it.

When I say "talk"... Well all I got when I rang the bell was:

He opens window on the first floor and shouts down at me "what?"

I point at my Mustang in the street and tell him I've heard that he might have one too to which he replies "yes, so?"

I say I'm really into these cars and ask if maybe I could take a look at it or if he might consider selling it (by this time I'm feeling really uncomfortable and just might start rambling on and on, trying to keep it going)

Answer is "no!" And he slams the window shut and I'm dismissed.

He's an old curmudgeon who seems to be known for not talking to anybody but he's admitted he has it.

I lost a few nights of sleep over this thing. :?

Do some basic research on the guy. See if you can make a connection. (Outside the car guy circles). Maybe a neighbor knows him. I know it sounds weird but try and find out what you can. There is a way. It takes patience. I bought a 429 CJ 4 speed Torino that way. I miss that car.

Ray

Sent from my HP 10 using Tapatalk

July 2015 pp 16-21 owned by Bob Leenstra.

Borders bookstore usually sells this magazine.
the mustang you have, the ones to 'vie' for........:bravo::goodpost:::goodjob::::yourock:::udaman::poke::poke::poke::poke::+1::+1: wished I had my act a lot more together-organized, and experienced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back