Hi, I have a 71 sportsroof that will make you feel good about your Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know of your cousin from Pontiac Forums, Thats a nice 74 TA. I like any old Mustang, and some of the Fox bodies, and people who dont like the 71-73 just havent driven one in decent shape. Most forums have gotten on my nerves, lots of politics, butt kissing, and people being tools. I rarely go to Pontiac forums now because of it. Its not about cars anymore, its about negative BS with too many people. I would think this place is probably different.

I have a few Firebirds, they were dirt cheap for many years so I was able to pick them up cheap and I just never sold them. The blue one is different from the black one. The black one is rather rare being a 1 of 276 455 HO Formula, the blue one is my toy I got in Germany back in 1990 and it has a 700hp Butler Performance 467 in it. I like cars that haul butt, and they have to have a certain style to them doing it.
Thats cool ..Im sure my cousin realy talks alot on there..lol...he realy knows his cars and motors thou....When i need advice i ask him sence he is a engineer...lol....And he told me he doesnt chat on there as much as he use too...specialy after his q jet fiasco...lol...I like them old 455's thou.........poohhh my 700hp..i bet it just blows the tires off when you want...hehe...heck my cousins TA does that as it is...lol...Im getting ready to start on my engine soon....Not going quite as far as either of you ..lol...But she will be a healthy 425hp 4v cleveland..maybe a bit more...525 lift on the cam im putting in.....But i cant do much to my old red machine...She is original matching motor and trans...And marti report 1 of 1....She has powerwindows and everything....So im not going to get too radical..But i do want some balls under the hood...lol

This is a great forum thou for chatting just about anything...freindly..And not super judgemental about cars....And no one afraid to speak their mind either....I been on a few mustang forums...and this one hands down my fav...I found it by accident while lookin up mustang codes..and been jabbering ever sence..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a Buick Skyhawk. Original plan was to stuff a 400 or 455 in it and have fun. It has been sitting while I go through everything else. I have too many projects, so they sit for a while before I get to them. It will still get rebuilt and driven, but I think it will end up with a narrowed rear and huge freakin tires out back, and a scary Pontiac under the hood.

As of right now, I dont have a fully developed plan for the Mustang. it could go a number of ways, including a 460, or install a different front suspension and make the thing turn with huge brakes, or just a street brawler with a stroked Cleveland in it. Its originally dark green, and I am not a fan of green so I dont know what color to paint it. Lately I have been thinking something like House of Kolor's Organic green, its pretty close to the metallic green on the new Camaro. Loud and in your face green with the metallic sheen. Of course it would get the satin black hood, and some stripes also in satin black on the sides.

I already have a race car (the blue Firebird), a cruiser (the gold GTO), and some sleepers in the works, so I dont know what direction to go with the Mustang. Im not really a full on resto guy, and that car would need a ton of work to be correct, so it will probably be some kind of street machine. Just havent decided yet.

::welcome:: from EAst Tn. You mentioned wanting a big block, we have a member on here (XOLIEX) that happens to have one for sale. He will make you a heck of a deal I'm sure. I can promise you cant build it for the cost of buying.

Welcome from South Western PA! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Welcome fron Nashville. I recognize your SN from BS. Good to have you here. Great group of people here. Still ripping into my piece. I def can get some inspiration on how far your car has come.

welcome from vienna, austria!!!

i went down that restoration trail many times and it was worth every hard step.

i have around 4 restos under my belt and i still love it. the feeling of things coming together is amazing and well worth the pain.

abudi

Wow, that's amazing that you brought the GTO back to life and the others too. Your pics do make me feel good about my cars. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back