Higher speed speedometer?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncan Mach72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1
351C 4V, 4 speed
Alum flywheel
McLeod clutch
Torque biasing diff, 3.5:1
31 spline Strange SS axles
Dual 2.5" exhaust
Is there a speedometer from another car that would fit in that could go to 140mph or more? I'm sure a lot of Fords use similar parts.

My car did have a 220kph unit but I live in the UK & want mph. I believe all Mustangs had 120mph units?

At the moment I have a 1980's European Capri unit (140mph) fitted. It bolts in but I cant use the correct trim ring between it & the front bezel plus the graphics are a bit different. Also it's a bit optimistic, I'm guessing by at least 10%.

I would like to buy a KPH 220 speedo if you want to sell what you have.

I have no idea what they are worth or what shipping would be.

Thanks!

Paul of MO

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks!

Paul of MO
Hi Paul

I'm not sure if I want to sell it as it's part of the car's original equipment but I might be persuaded, after all the car is a keeper (I hope) & I can't see the UK going fully metric anytime soon.

I don't think it would cost much to ship as it's very light. I'm busy moving house soon and I will think about it after that. Why do you want a kph one?

Dunc

Thanks!

Paul of MO
Hi Paul

I'm not sure if I want to sell it as it's part of the car's original equipment but I might be persuaded, after all the car is a keeper (I hope) & I can't see the UK going fully metric anytime soon.

I don't think it would cost much to ship as it's very light. I'm busy moving house soon and I will think about it after that. Why do you want a kph one?

Dunc
I think it would keep the factory look and everyone would assume it was MPH. I can always tell my speed by the tach.

Thanks and I am glad to hear yours is a keeper.

- Paul

Back