HO scale Mustang slot car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
One of my customers saw my convertible pic on my screensaver a while back and brought me this today! He just said Merry Christmas.

AutoWorld Blue Max HO slot.JPG

Too cool.

I also have a line on some really nice old Aurora HO Thunderjet 500 slot cars to add to my collection. Wishful thinking... :D

Ray

Nice looking Mustangs. I need to look away....

I spent way too much of the 60s tied to HO cars and racing. If you followed HO in the 60s-70s you might know of Pat Dennis. He wrote in depth articles for Car Model. My favorite was the three part series detailing the build of his Widebody Cobra. He built two examples in late '67 or early '68. One was presented to Oscar Koveleski. After Pat joined Tyco to create the Tyco Pro line, the other was sacrificed in the creation of Tyco's HO AC Cobra. A couple of years ago he agreed to build a third car. He felt it needed a rival so he also reworked a production Tyco Pro Stingray in to the DX example. He is one of the smartest people I know and he is also one of the most talented with his hands. A rare combination.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4-23-12.jpg

RECREA~1.JPG

WHEEL2~1.JPG

GROUPE~1.JPG

sicndhed,

Yep I have the cars you mentioned - both Tycopro. They never really appealed to me so I stuck with the AF/X and Aurora stuff since I started with the T-jets. The vibrator cars were not really for me either...

As always looking for more Aurora T-jets & AF/X if they are original and not the repops..

I think I have lost my mind but here is one of my posters a friend help me create. I think he 'borrowed' the poster design - knowing him... BTW I am not a dealer - just collector.

SlotCar Ad_RC.jpg

Ray

I really liked Aurora's stuff too. I have some of the AC current stuff in a box somewhere but a modified Thunder Jet was my favorite. I like the pre mag traction stuff best.

Funny this thread should come up..I've been busy the last month or so working on the scenery detail work on my 4 Lane ho track (fully soldered joined, smoothed, hard wired, variable dc power supply,electronic lap counter with sound)..I've always raced slot cars during the winter months been a lifelong hobby..I have some crazy fast cars I've custom built modded...Heres the mountain pass back section I've been working on..Been carving foam all month! Just started building trees for a change of pace

IMG_0622.JPGIMG_0623.JPGIMG_0645.JPGIMG_0657.JPGIMG_0658.JPGIMG_0661.JPGIMG_0700.JPGIMG_0702.JPGIMG_0707.JPGIMG_0706.JPGIMG_0665.JPGIMG_0713.JPGIMG_0724.JPGIMG_0639.JPGIMG_0633.JPGIMG_0638.JPG

A quick vid of some racing at the track (using cars I built)

Yes - I used to race almost weekly with an old friend but people change and priorities get moved. I no longer have the opportunity to race with him so I'll be building my own track. I'd like to landscape too so Scott I'll probably be PMing you to get better info.

I prefer to race almost stock ones - with the only modification being replacement tires (a necessary mod).

And I stick with Aurora T-Jets and then AF/X. I am considering a mod using my extra Super II cars and parts. Somepone did a Shadow Can Am car that way and I really liked it.

I'll try and get some pics of my fav cars. And Scott - I want to come over and race!! :)

Ray

pat dennis is the man!

i'm into tyco pros as well.

i built a couple of tracks i'm doing larger scale and other projects at the moment.

Qcode351mach awesome!

Thanks Guys..I also like cars from my child hood (t-jets-afx-tyco pro) I also loved the one off not so popular brass cars like Riggens, Cobramites, And especially the Aj's series of cars Oscar the track cleaner-The tow truck-ambulance-car carrier (I have quite a few of the Aj's cars)

Heres a few pics of some I've collected the first 2 being riggens

Then the super rare cobramite which I have enough parts chassis's to assemble 6 or so

Then a group of tyco pro's I modded into magnet cars with cobramite bodies

IMG_0735.JPGIMG_0736.JPGIMG_0737.JPGIMG_0738.JPGIMG_0739.JPGIMG_0740.JPGIMG_0741.JPG

pat dennis is the man!

i'm into tyco pros as well.

i built a couple of tracks i'm doing larger scale and other projects at the moment.

Qcode351mach awesome!

Pat is cool on so many levels. He is also "MR. LOTUS". I bough a MK VI from him (in boxes).

He was an active SCCA racer for many years.

We went to the Barbor museum with him. His connections got us into the basement. Holly Cow.

Back