Holley 650 jetting help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what i can see both of the metering blocks are identical. I ordered jets today according to your recommendations.

Well see how it runs!

Another question, how do i set the floats in these things? Cant find any info on this, only other style holley carbs where you set the floats from the outside.

20161215_223507.jpg

Another question, how do i set the floats in these things? Cant find any info on this, only other style holley carbs where you set the floats from the outside.

20161215_223507.jpg
Turn the bowl upside down from how it is in the picture. Adjust the float so that it is parallel to the bottom of the bowl. This is not technically the way Holley says to do it but it will be close enough.

Okey thanks!

It keeps flooding out of the primary vent tube, the needle and seat are new and seating properly, no leaks in the float. Wierd.

Okey thanks!

It keeps flooding out of the primary vent tube, the needle and seat are new and seating properly, no leaks in the float. Wierd.

screw the needle in until it stops overflowing . the gas level should be just below the inspection hole at idle or immediately after turning the engine off.

your needles may also be too short . they make different lengths

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont have adjustable needles on this carb, you need to bend the float arm like an edelbrock.

I dissasembled the carb again, thorougly cleaned with carb cleaner and compressed air again.

Made sure that the needle really seals, AGAIN....

Assembled it, and now it floods fuel out of both vent tubes :huh:

JUNK!

lower the floats . its not that complicated, however, if you have a high pressure fuel pump, it could be causing the problem.

The fuel pump is a stocker, and worked fine with my edelbrock (which is if i understand right, very sensitive about fuel pressure).

Going to reset the floats. Does anyone know holleys instructions for this so it geys exactly right?

I would use the parallel float setting.

You may have to use a fuel pressure regulator, set to 3.5 or 4.0 psi.

I would also check the seat gasket, they're somewhat easy to crack.

I did set the floats paralell earlier, but ill just try loweribg them a bit.

Double checking the seat gaskets while in there.

Otherwise i guess i will buy a fuel pressure regulator, they are not that expensive.

Or find a good, used edelbrock 650/750 to use until i get my quickfuel 650 :whistling:

But feels dumb since i just rebuilt this holley

Latest posts

Back