Home defense -?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been shooting since I was three, and my family has always guns in the house. We were talk from a young age to respect firearms and what they can do. There was never any urge to sneak in and look at guns in the closet. I have several guns in the house with three kids.They have all know where the safe is and not to play with ANY guns. I recently built my first AR, and have a econd one in progress.

My wife and I both have CCH permits. My 16 year old has taken the NRA first steps pistol course, and loves going to the range. My 19 yr old on the other hand does not seem to have any interest, and would make a little nervous with a gun. The ten yr old will be going with us to the range before long. All guns in our house are kept in the safe, or small portable safes under the bed. My wife and I have keys, and know the combinations. The 16 year does as well. I have instructed her to take her sisters into the master bath, stopping to pick up a handgun, and phone, they always have their Cell phones, on the way, if anyone ever breaks into the house while they are home alone.

I would strongly urge anyone thinking about buying a gun to take some type of instruction from a professional. Most ranges offer introductory classes, such as NRA steps pistol. After that go shooting with friends, or go to the range and rent different guns and see what feels most comfortable. If some one is not comfortable witha gun look at pepper spray, or a taser.

Back