Hood bump stops in cowl

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is complete (driver). Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
Kinda out of my experience, but I purchased a hood bumper kit from NPD (I think) a year ago, and I was gonna replace those three rubber stops that are in the cowl area. All three are taller that the ones existing. For grins, I put the one on the passenger side and closed the hood. It generated a hood surface alignment issue. Here are two pics of the height difference between the middle and one side. Biggest difference is the side to side ones:

IMG_2737.jpeg
IMG_2736.jpeg

Do we have to trim the heights of these or ? Thanks.

I'd guess the originals compressed some over time. You may just want to run the new ones as is and see if they compress. If they don't you can always take them off and trim them down some.

Ok, wasn’t sure folks trimmed them. The hood fit was pretty good with the old ones, but they are as hard as a rock. Wanted to replace all the rubber hood related parts, but that height difference spooked me.

Yea, the screws they provided looked like they belonged holding HVAC registers on. I didn't use stock looking fasteners either, I couldn’t get the driver on the Phillips head, so I used hex headed sheet metal screws. You can’t see the heads so, 🤷🏼‍♂️

Back