How cool is this!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1965 Mustang 2+2
1973 Mustang Convertable
I was on my way back home, from two days of gawking, seein and being see on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Yup Cruising the Coast. I was pleased to meet among others, Don65Stang, hiz Wife(she didn't have her rifle) and three of their brood. Real nice folks butt by the time we got together I'd been Baking in the hot sun since morning and was ready to head home. I hope next time to able to spend more time hanging out.

Anywho like I said, "...I was on my way back home", convertible top down open to the wind and sun, 70-75-80 along Interstate 10. Just bout into Pensacola. Glanced into the rear view mirror, there was a Silver 07 or so Vette closing up behind me. Being the courteous driver I am(Hehheh) I eased into the right hand lane to let him by. Guess I'm also a bit of a car snob and wasn't going to look over and watch the Vette pass, however glance I did. The Vette driver was, Smiling BIG Nodding his head Yessss!! And giving a Big Thumbs Up!!!!!. "NICE STANG" He said several times. I was so flabbergasted that, Vete Driver was giving Big Cudos to an old Mustang, all I could muster was a ruefull Smile, "Thanks", more Smile and wave as he went by.

Spent the next several miles smiling to myself thinking "How Cool Was That!!" Must'a been mistaken identity from the Cobras Robert had put onto the Vert when it was his. Not bad at all for the Ole 73 Vert.

Tubo

Last edited by a moderator:
Tubo, nice meeting you on the coast. Great weather we had this week for Cruising the coast. Leo103 (Red 72 vert)

Tubo, nice meeting you on the coast. Great weather we had this week for Cruising the coast. Leo103 (Red 72 vert)
Good to see Ya here Leno....Or rather Leo103 A Very Welcome to the Forum

(Leonard's Very nice Deep Metalic Red is 429 powered , you can just see the shock tower bracing and valve covers in the photo.)

I throughly enjoyed our conversation friday. My wife liked the photos of your interior, and approved copying your console.

Plz take time to tell bout your car & self in the Introduction area.

The Donks seemed to have taken your location Saturday

6pyfww.jpg

2euhmk8.jpg

Thats Eight Forum Members I've met FTF,Whooo Hooo!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see Ya here Leno....Or rather Leo103 A Very Welcome to the Forum

(Leonard's Very nice Deep Metalic Red is 429 powered , you can just see the shock tower bracing and valve covers in the photo.)

I throughly enjoyed our conversation friday. My wife liked the photos of your interior, and approved copying your console.

Plz take time to tell bout your car & self in the Introduction area.

The Donks seemed to have taken your location Saturday

6pyfww.jpg

2euhmk8.jpg

Thats Eight Forum Members I've met FTF,Whooo Hooo!!
Thanks for the pics Tubo, have not taken any of the interior. Added some more of the outside.

iphone 5-30-13 047.jpg

iphone 5-30-13 108.jpg

iphone 5-30-13 041.jpg

It is a truely well done car. Great looking and the detail work is outstanding.

Lot's on neat tricks like hidden wiring under the hood.

Whooooeeeeee though tell'em bout the fuel Ya gotta run.

Tubo
Have to mix a special blend right now. Think i was getting 5 miles per gallon over the weekend. May try another carburetor or electronic ignition. Eddie at Pro Street Customs does good work. It was worth the wait (4 yrs).

Corky, PM me your cell #. When I tred to call a Chinease guy answered. :huh:

It was nice meeting you Sunday! I hope to do it again soon!

Back