HOW MANY GRANDE Q CODES

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish there were aa place that sold the clear seat covers. I have a 67 fairlane with clear seat covers but the drivers side is cracked and falling apart.

I you have a Q code Grande could you please submit it. So far I have only found one other 73 Q code.
I'm sure there is more as 548 were build it 1973

Marti's book shows 739 Q-code automatic hardtops for 1973. As to how many Grandes were equipped with the Q-code, you'd have to get in touch with him for that info.

According to Marti there were 548 Q codes Grandes in 73. I'm just curious how many are still around. I've only seen one on the net and thought this web site would be good to see if anyone here has one.

I think @7173Vert has a very nice survivor 73 Q-code coupe. Not sure if it's a Grande, though.
Good memory... It is Coupe, not a Grande. 4-spd w/AC. 48k orig mi. Has been partially repainted...

Attachments

• 73 Coupe Oakland Ford Show August 13 2023.jpg
    73 Coupe Oakland Ford Show August 13 2023.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 1
@ROCKET70 - That is a VERY nice Grande. Wow, I like it. My wife and I daily-drove multiple 71-73 Grandes, back in the '80's and '90's. Great to drive, lots of options, comfortable. Easy enough to maintain. Even had a '73 with exact colour scheme as yours here, except it was an F code car.

Now, back to '73 Q-code Grandes. Owned one for a short time back in 1992. I had pursued it for several years, but the lady driving it was not selling. Then one day she called. Car was for sale. BUT, there had been an under dash fire and the car was not running. Bought the car. Ended up selling it to someone who had plans to restore it. Have lost track of it, but may have to see if I can find it again.

Some details on the car:
3F04Q205xxx 03/73 C6 / 3.25 Locking. Blue/Blue/White vinyl roof. DSO was to Western Canada. Had 100K miles on it then. All original.

Russ

Thanks for the story about your Grandes. Hopefully it has been restored but it's tempting to remove the drive train.
I've had 2 Grandes this one and about 20 years ago a glow green 302 very base am radio and power steering was the only options.
Sold it to a person from Winnipeg in the middle of January freezing cold he flew to Toronto picked it up and drove it back to Winnipeg.
I went over the vehicle before he arrived and the only trouble he had was the fuel pump went and he was about 3 miles from a Canadian Tire
they had one in stock and he was on the road in 2 hours. I thought he was crazy doing that in the winter but he made it.

I've also had 3 Mach 1s. A 71 lime green M code auto and a 73 Q code 4 speed yellow with a black vinyl roof and a 69 white 428 SCJ auto 430 gears.

Last edited:
Back