how much should i pay for a mig welder bottle?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73rustang

Reaction score
My Car
1973 coupe 429, c6, and lots of "weight reduction" via rust lol
so that's basically it I got a 135 eastwood mig like a year ago and then life happened \ :rolleyes:, but now I'm back to it and I need a bottle, I know nothing about welding except the countless articles I've read on putting in floor pans I've done very little arc welding and I never welded mig. I called up a place in town to ask a price and for a 3 ft tall tank he says its 239 plus tax (comes filled) and to refill it its 35-38. Is that a fair price or should I start looking around in Birmingham?

I think the one I bought in that size range was around $189. But I would go with whichever shop is closest and that you will use a lot. Most places wont fill a tank from another business. Don't rent/lease, it will cost you much more in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you turtle ill just spend the little extra and stick to jasper so I can avoid the big city traffic lol XD

I think the one I bought in that size range was around $189. But I would go with whichever shop is closest and that you will use a lot. Most places wont fill a tank from another business. Don't rent/lease, it will cost you much more in the long run.
did that include filling the bottle the 1st time tho?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't comment on price but do not waste your time with a 40cf bottle. Get at least an 80cubic foot bottle. It goes quicker than you think. It the one you're looking at is 3 ft high then you should be good.

Latest posts

Back