I got the Grande home

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I got the 73 Grande I purchased yesterday home. 

I guess I violated some rule that I still do not see. I did not post a selling price, I never do. A car or part will only bring what the buyer is willing to pay so I seldom price items. I usually do like Ebay let the buyers determine the price. 

So I will post in a few days on Craigslist or maybe Ebay and Barn Finds. 

I would keep if I was in better health it is a very solid easy to restore great example of a 73 Grande. This one was like all I have gone to look at for years was first to even come look after weeks of trying to sell. The Q code vert I bought was on Craigslist for 9 months and I was the only person to come look at it. Might end up having to part out to get money back. Parts seem to be worth more than the cars, lol. 

No keys so will try to pick the trunk lock tomorrow and locking gas cap. 

Here ya go .... go there click on answer tab

7173MUSTANGS.com   ›   Welcome   ›   FAQ's   ›   Classified Selling and Buying. Some things you should know...

New Reply

FAQ Forum Help Section

Back to the FAQ Index

Contact Form

Forum Rules

If you have any questions or problems, feel free to post in the proper FAQ Thread!

Classified Selling and Buying. Some things you should know...

rocketfoot

https://www.7173mustangs.com/uploads/avatars/avatar_1.png?dateline=1473448085[/img]

admin.png

Mustangs are cool!

So, you want to buy and sell in the classified section on the forums? Great! That's what they are here for, but before you do dive in there are a few things you should know about classified Etiquette! Click the answer tab above to read on!

rocketfoot2012-copy.png

1971 Mach 1 - 306cid/C4 Bright Yellow

Here ya go .... go there click on answer tab

7173MUSTANGS.com   ›   Welcome   ›   FAQ's   ›   Classified Selling and Buying. Some things you should know...

New Reply

FAQ Forum Help Section

Back to the FAQ Index

Contact Form

Forum Rules

If you have any questions or problems, feel free to post in the proper FAQ Thread!

rocketfoot

https://www.7173mustangs.com/uploads/avatars/avatar_1.png?dateline=1473448085[/img]

admin.png

Mustangs are cool!

So, you want to buy and sell in the classified section on the forums? Great! That's what they are here for, but before you do dive in there are a few things you should know about classified Etiquette! Click the answer tab above to read on!

rocketfoot2012-copy.png

1971 Mach 1 - 306cid/C4 Bright Yellow
Is this the rules??

Classifieds and Advertising The free classified section is for members to sell 71-73 Mustang cars and parts items. Anything commercial or business related is not allowed in the classified section. If you would like to be considered for a spot as an advertiser on 7173mustangs.com, please contact RocketFoot. We will make all efforts to keep scams and scammers off our site, but we cannot be held responsible for anything advertised by other parties on our forums. As with any internet source, buy and/or sell at your own risk.

I am not a business just an individual I am lost on what was wrong. I just never gave a price which is very common. Have been working on another buy for a month and he will not give price. I have no issue with that. I have my limits no matter what he would like for his car and everyone on here would also. I did put on CL in several areas with a price. Most people that have an issue are not buyers anyway. 99% of the bidders on ebay are jokers it appears just playing. 

Not that I usually get involved in these things… But I don't see one place in the rules that states that you must list a price.
I don't either. And I see a lot of stuff listed without prices on here.
It doesn’t say anywhere that you HAVE to list price. It says IF you do that it’s competitive .

I put on craigslist in New York, Michigan and Florida last night with 24 pics. I put under parts since the engine is out, grill out and interior out. But with all that out you can plainly see there is no rust holes just surface rust on original paint. There is a price there. Will be a great car for a beginner that cannot weld all the patch panels or for a drag racer will give a really solid chassis with no rust. Like I said has less rust than my California vert or even my 73 Mach 1 with 12,000 miles. It is also pretty well optioned.

I got a text last night from guy I had contacted on ebay. His car was of course won by a joke bidder for $10,000 and I had sent a note to him telling him when he decided that it was a joke bidder to get in touch. He did and ask me for an offer and I said $8,000 and only after a personal inspection. He said that was a low ball price. I did not see it that way. He was going to pay ebay for the sell, and let go for $10,000. 

So anyway it turns out he says he has 114 mustangs and is going to bid up to $4,000,000 on the Bullitt mustang at the Mecum auction. He is worried about $1,000 on a car and going to drop millions for a beat up rusty car, lol. I do not know his name but I think he is in Nebraska if ebay info was correct. Anybody know who it is?

Not that I usually get involved in these things… But I don't see one place in the rules that states that you must list a price.

https://www.7173mustangs.com/user-rocketfootrocketfoot

https://www.7173mustangs.com/user-rocketfoot https://www.7173mustangs.com/uploads/avatars/avatar_1.png?dateline=1473448085[/img]

admin.png

Mustangs are cool!

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread...ome-things-you-should-know?pid=86605#pid86605#1

The forum classifieds are a great place to sell or buy stuff for your Mustang! When listing an item, be sure to describe it as accurately as possible. Be sure to add photos so a buyer can see fist hand. Be honest.

When listing a price, try and research what other items like yours have sold for either on the internet or in the real world. It's best to price your item competitively but you are free to ask what ever you like. Our policy is to limit negative responses to classified ads, but we do encourage potential buyers and members to PM the seller with counter offers or selling suggestions. Please do not be offended by other user suggestions as long as they are polite and courteous. They are just trying to help. If negative posts are encountered, please hit the thread report button and the staff will handle it. Don't argue with the other poster. We will issue warning points for misconduct as described above. Be sure that your item has a starting price listed. This isn't eBay and we don't want to have auction style classified listings.

Latest posts

Back