I love my 11 Screw 3.7 truck but........

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have any thoughts of stepping up to a enclosed trailer get the F250/350. Towing is not just about if the truck will pull the load but more about stability. The last thing you want is that trailer pushing you around In a panic stop. I do the desert thing and I can't tell you how many times I have seen 1/2 tons in the ditch or jacked knifed from their over wait toy haulers. Get the Super Duty and don't look back. I love mine, Just my 2 cents.

I have a 2000 excursion that I haul a 27 ft camper with no problems and the 6.8 v10 acts like it's not even there.
I love, love, love my 04 diesel Excursion. I'm always pulling something and it rarely downshifts when I mash on the go pedal. It has the truly awesome and truly horrible 6.0. However, it's been fixed of the factory short comings and the hp and torque have been freed. Pushing in the neighborhood of 550hp and 750 ft-lbs of torque. It pretty much hauls ass and takes no prisoners.

The V-10 gas engine is also good. It replaced the long running 460.

If I can find another alright car (no motor or trans but good metal) I want to make a v10 68 galaxie fastback

Edit: I only payed 3,500 for the excursion 6 months ago

Last edited by a moderator:
originally i was considering a 2003ish 7.3 excursion or f350 but i'd need to sell my vehicle or sell to carmax.

i just want to make the right decision here. i know the ecoboost is an awesome motor and has the tq of a tiny diesel (kinda) but its still a f150 that i already got. a specific model i am looking at is a 4x4 eco 3.31 gears and says it'll pull 9200. now if i going to tow at least 7k, thats bringing it closer to the max tow again but not nearly as close as i was doing with the 3.7.

now if i get the diesel which will cost me another 9k, the car in a enclosed trailer still won't weigh as much as a f250/350 and i know thats what you got stability. but again its 9k more and the higher maintenance cost of a diesel.

now if only stay with my car on flatbed trailers then i know the f150 will handle it no problem cuz what i'll be towing won't ever exceed 5500 then which the f150 weighs roughly.

i get back home tonight and the dealer arranged a "dealer demo" test drive where i get to take my whole family in it, take it home, keep at home and then come home with it in the morning. the wife isn't liking how loud diesels are but i told her the new ones are quite. i don't like the idea of trading in for another vehicle that will mirror externally and externally and the only difference will be motor and 2 extra drive wheels.

with usaa car buying and the rebates this weekend, i could actually take the plunge on a new f250. its alot different and the size is huge. its going to take some getting use to but it'll happen. funny thing is, its getting a few more MPGs on my regular weekend city driving. the poor v6 had to work hard in town when this thing laughs at getting started at a stop.

here she is!

Congrats..My brother has 2 of them ford trucks...One is a v10 4 door 4x4 2000ish...Other is a 2011 diesel ford 4 door 4x4...He beat the hell out of his first v10 and it still runs like a champ...The diesel definatly has the advantage thou when it comes to gas milage and towing.

coming from a 3.7 natural aspirated to a 6.7 turbo PSD is a huge difference for me. i am still getting use to how to drive it. sometimes i don't notice and i hit the gas if i were driving the v6 and it snaps my head back. probably no need for a tuner.

I know it's nowhere near as capable as a Super Duty, but I made myself an "F200". It's an F150 4x4 that I swapped a V10 into. The V10 has a lot of torque for a measly 415 cubes. It's very happy in my F150 in front of the Super Duty's 4R100 transmission. It also has a limited slip.

emblem.jpg

I just heard on the news about numerour complaints about the ecoboost f150's loosing power on acceleration. Least the 6 o clock news was bashing it hard. Probably something simple with a turbo component.

On Topic - Those are beastly trucks, only thing that sucks about the new diesels is the cost of maintenace and don't forget your Diesel Exhuast Fluid :rolleyes:

coming from a 3.7 natural aspirated to a 6.7 turbo PSD is a huge difference for me. i am still getting use to how to drive it. sometimes i don't notice and i hit the gas if i were driving the v6 and it snaps my head back. probably no need for a tuner.
If you think it's got power now.It takes about 20k for it to really brake in.:cool:

i'm loving the truck and i get a little weird looks around here cuz people don't know what to think when they see a filipino guys driving such a big truck. i'm not a construction worker not a farm workers so i get the :dodgy::dodgy::dodgy: look lately.

i'm ready for the maintenance and the exhaust fluid isn't a problem. walmart has a 2.5 gallon tank for 12 dollars. the tank is 5 gallons but the computer will tell you to start thinking about refilling it at 1/2 tank.

I know it's nowhere near as capable as a Super Duty, but I made myself an "F200". It's an F150 4x4 that I swapped a V10 into. The V10 has a lot of torque for a measly 415 cubes. It's very happy in my F150 in front of the Super Duty's 4R100 transmission. It also has a limited slip.

emblem.jpg
might have to get some ladder bars to hook that thing up!!! :)

Latest posts

Back