i need extensive electrical assistance.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hold up.... this is the power supply connection this cant be the same one pointed out before as the radio power supply they simply dont match up on the connections.

2yx2ovt.jpg

what about these connections? location: underneath the cigarette burner before the radio extending from the main wire harness cluster.

rw1ngy.jpg

And this one is part of the A/C system I believe.

What is this for is for the clock.

so i went ahead and ust labeled all the connections with some paper and tape to keep it from ever withering away atleast for good couple of years. some of yall might think its stupid, tacky, fugly, whatever. idc i think it helps for furture reference instead of constanly looking through Google and a billion other Mustang Forums. Plus it'll help who ever is taking this car after me and lastly its hidden so they dont show ;]

a4x2y9.jpg

The following are located underneath the Dashboard and above the glove box compartment:

9iwx6x.jpg

this picture was rotated a full 180 degrees so that the wording could be read:

wrc3mr.jpg

8wf70m.jpg

That's not a factory radio.
yeaaa..... i didnt know that until i saw this NAAAASSTY wiring someone had rigged to it. maybe you can help me out some please! on this wiring i found.

moving to the center of the dash assembly we have this random boot extending from the huge cluster of wires but i couldn't see anything to connect it with. That's your radio power and light lead.

353dp2a.jpg
then if im not mistaken.... this should be the male connection to that female... but what about the cut off blue/red striped wire what does that connect to on the male end??

dlgh3n.jpg

hold up.... this is the power supply connection this cant be the same one pointed out before as the radio power supply they simply dont match up on the connections.

2yx2ovt.jpg

and for the power supply, its the same as this picture just damaged extensively by the mods the idiot before me had created... Still leaving some questions unanswered...

kbzmv7.jpg

i still need help figuring out what that olive green/grey wire and Green wire are for...

nquvkz.jpg

that fat bundled cable i am going to throw it away it was just lingering there when i bought the car. They are speaker cables by looking at the end points. but i just want to clean things up for now. to get my headlights back on... still on this mission. ughhh..

for all those open/exposed wires i plan to figure out a way to fix them... if i answered my own question on radio power supply please answer it anyway i want to help out any other person that could have a catastrophe like me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picture #2: the boot: that is the lead from the original radio that plugs into the clock (two females) from the main underdash harness from earlier year Mustangs.

Picture #2: the boot: that is the lead from the original radio that plugs into the clock (two females) from the main underdash harness from earlier year Mustangs.
aahh!!! okay makes sense, i plugged it in, and there is power now to the radio, leaving the male connection for when i do purchase a clock.....

thanks a lot Mid!

my concern still lies on cut blue wire.. should i worry about it even though there is power to the radio now? :huh:

and what about that green and grey/olive colored wire? any input on what to do with that crap?:huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
so i went ahead and ust labeled all the connections with some paper and tape to keep it from ever withering away atleast for good couple of years. some of yall might think its stupid, tacky, fugly, whatever. idc i think it helps for furture reference instead of constanly looking through Google and a billion other Mustang Forums. Plus it'll help who ever is taking this car after me and lastly its hidden so they dont show ;]

a4x2y9.jpg

The following are located underneath the Dashboard and above the glove box compartment:

9iwx6x.jpg

this picture was rotated a full 180 degrees so that the wording could be read:

wrc3mr.jpg

8wf70m.jpg
With all those labels you can pass your car off as a special factory training car to teach new assembly line employees!! ;) Somebody might believe it! :p

With all those labels you can pass your car off as a special factory training car to teach new assembly line employees!! ;) Somebody might believe it! :p
hey it'll help out one way or another xD

okay so for all those viewers who've been going through this thread, i went ahead and connected the boot for radio power supply, yes its really ghetto looking cables but since they are tucked away im not trying to make such a fuss out of it.

i taped up all those cut up sections on the wires... all of them. so currently there are no speakers just a radio that turns on lol. still no clue what the green and lightgrey/olive wires are for...

but sure enough!!! the headlights are finally on!! i tested them out while car was on, disconnected the battery, reconnected the battery. tried again. success. then played with the headlight dimmer on the floor board. yuuup it works now :] sooo happy.

more posts still to come on what the heck is under my dashboard, like how to make a courtesy light underneath the dashboard, headlight "on" indicator with those relays i found.

eventually move to the engine compartment or just jump straight there. idk its more my mood.

Thank you all on the forum for the great help. you guys saved me tons of money!!

No sticker with wire info left on the radio? Those older aftermarket radios, were usually green right channel +, grey left channel +, and the - side of the speakers went to the radio ground wire. (black)

No sticker with wire info left on the radio? Those older aftermarket radios, were usually green right channel +, grey left channel +, and the - side of the speakers went to the radio ground wire. (black)
sadly nope... just a super basic colored wire with no labeling. hard to believe i know. but i looked. thanks for the info! ill try and do my best and see if it'll work out tomorrow with some regular stereo speakers first lol.

any idea what i can do with that cut blue/red stripe wire from the power source boot? is that the ground or what?

Well if you look back at the picture's and how I have the wires set up..... should I switch them? Because the radio does turn on with my ugly set up. Lol

Back