Ignition Tumbler Failed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autonomousbronco

If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
'72 Mach 1. 351C, 4 Speed Toploader w/ Hurst Shifter, 9'' Rear End (3.9). Power windows, rear defroster. I’m
I was stranded after my ignition tumbler failed and I had to use some tools and “light persuasion” to remove the old tumbler as AAA took 4+ hours to get back to me and both local locksmiths said they were short staffed and couldn’t leave their shop.

I need to replace the remnants of the old tumbler; I have the shop manual and instructions coming with the new tumbler. Any advice would be appreciated and any “aw, I would have done x,y, or z differently” wasn’t sitting in the hot GA sun for a few hours…I appreciate the help and advice about how to fix the current situation, thanks all!

Attachments

• IMG_1315.jpeg
    IMG_1315.jpeg
    1.8 MB
  • IMG_1314.jpeg
    IMG_1314.jpeg
    1.1 MB
Btw, if anyone knows of where to pick up a tilt steering column, that’d also be appreciated (mine appears* fine) but just in case, I wouldn’t mind having a spare as they appear to be “unobtainium.” Thanks again!

Back