I'm enranged

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kind of like the look of carbs coming through the hood and even better with a blower. However, I will never do it to my race-oriented Mach 1. I do agree that it would have looked even better if used with the standard flat hood, but like it has been said: "to each, their own".

When I first read the title, I thought to myself that I should congratulate him on his future bride: Engaged!
Same, although I read it as "engorged". Either way works for the bride.

FWIW - I like it. This forum is has tons of people who are doing everything they can to do factory correct restorations and I absolutely love those cars and really admire what they are doing. Having said that, I respect anyone doing their own thing, even if it's not what I would do.

My car was miles from stock when I got it so I felt OK about changing things up as just about anything was an improvement in my eyes and restoring it would have been way past my budget. I've gotten plenty of crap from people for my car not being stock. I dragged this thing out of a field where it would still be I'm pretty certain and got it on the road again. It's not for everyone and I'm not done with it, but it makes me happy.

That White 1969 Stang's rear tires sure aren't a good match to it's engine !!!
....Or at least,......what appears to be it's engine. I can tell that the blower is severely underdriven, meaning, the boost number is decidedly on the low side, AND, what appears to be an Enderle Bugcatcher injector, is not what it seems. It is a look-alike scoop housing, used to hide a carb. Further, neither of us really know if the engine is , in fact, supercharged, or is the blower case itself empty........, and just covering a carb inside it. Anything is possible here. I DO like seeing more Roots Blown street cars. At one time, it was quite common.

Another take on modifying your car. when I was in the Gear Stretchers car club we had a pretty varied grouping of cars. Some, like mine, were hot rods. Then again, some were customs and low-riders. Now I can really appreciate the time, money, and effort the lowrider guys put into their rides. They generally spend more money on paint, chrome, and custom interiors, than we "hotties" do. Polished transmission cases, engraved and plated suspensions. Now that's not what I would do to a cherry '57 Chevy, but it's cool, and in that respect, we're all bretheren.

That's a great old school look with the blower, carbs, bigs n littles, and side pipes!
Thanks Chuck, and here's a photo of the Blown motor that now sits in the Fastback. PS. The Blowers belt tensioner pulley is on the wrong side, it should be on the left, silly me.

Attachments

• m89.jpg
    m89.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 1
That looks like an old Dyers "V" series blower set up. I'm looking also at those vacuum lines, are the secondaries balanced together as they should? Make for damned sure that the carbs have been "boost referenced" for proper power valve operation, don't block the power valves off. Yes, the idler pulley swing arm needs to be on the passenger side. The driver's side is the "pulling' side, and the swing arm isn't strong enough to deal with that tension.

Am I a bad person. 9F02G. Not cut up or welded on. 417 CID. Dart, windberg, carillo, etc. Clevor. TKO600 4.30 gear. It is a tire burner.

Attachments

• Resized_20230825_154951.jpeg
    Resized_20230825_154951.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Resized_20230825_155026.jpeg
    Resized_20230825_155026.jpeg
    641.6 KB · Views: 0
Pretty clean Mr. CandyRcode. I noticed you're using one of our "swing arms", and likely our snout. I like what you've done to it. Guys back in the '70s and '80s used to do all that back then, but then, those cars were just inexpensive used cars. Nobody cared about the hood being cut. Parts were available, and cheaper, and if you hung out with other car guys, their cars were wild as well. Much as i wouldn't want to do a major engine to my Mach 1, In the back of my mind, I can see it blown and bitchin'........

Last edited:
Back in Paris, France, a million years ago, when I was 12 or 13, a friend showed me a french magazine called "Nitro" (say the equivalent of HotRod mag, less techy but more classy with excellent photography work) I was infected by the US car virus right away! These insane machines, colorful and made of beautiful materials were like from another world compared to the boring french and english cars of the era. My sleeping room was entirely covered with hotrods posters, many with blowers... you won't hear me critic a car with a blower, they got me into this and first thing I did when I turned 18 is get my licence, open my veins to buy my first car: the very one you see here as my avatar that I still own and drive!
You will however hear me whine when a scoop is added but not functional, just a massive hole to look hotroddy.

@1sostatic From what I remember, the reason why jags, rovers, mg's etc were not equipped with blowers is that their engines were often blown without any modifications. These engine were like crystal. That having said. on a type E, I agree that a blower doesn't really boost the aesthetic.

Back