• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

In need of a dash parking light

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Frank,

These park light parts are near impossible to get a hold of as they don't make repros and the original ones are either too old and stuffed, or the owners of them guard them jealously, and won't part company with them at all.

I wanted one myself, and contacted Don from Ohio Mustang. He had one to sell me but it too was too old and stuffed to be reused in the end. Realizing that i had run into a brick wall here, i set about custom making a pilot light myself. I posted a thread where i talked about it and what i did with pics.

I was very happy with the finished result, and i think it's a good alternative to the real thing or until someone decides to make a repro part in the future, that matches the original.

Reference ...................

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-austin-vert-s-electrical-and-trim-upgrades

Greg.:)

just ask... and there's magic in the air!!

I have a original one with wiring and maplight and a nice chrome copy(10pc).

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the bezels on these unique to the angle of the Mustang dashboard? I seem to recall seeing these in more than one Ford product of the time, and a similar lens is used on the 1967 Abercrombie & Fitch Thunderbird Apollo conversion:

67-Ford-T-Bird-Apollo-DV_09-BC_i05.jpg

There must (or may have been) a source for something very similar, just not necessarily Ford. They're one of the most "tacked on and not made here" looking pieces in the '71-73 Mustang. I can see a company like Doorman reproducing something like this back in the day.

-Kurt

Are the bezels on these unique to the angle of the Mustang dashboard? I seem to recall seeing these in more than one Ford product of the time, and a similar lens is used on the 1967 Abercrombie & Fitch Thunderbird Apollo conversion:

67-Ford-T-Bird-Apollo-DV_09-BC_i05.jpg

There must (or may have been) a source for something very similar, just not necessarily Ford. They're one of the most "tacked on and not made here" looking pieces in the '71-73 Mustang. I can see a company like Doorman reproducing something like this back in the day.

-Kurt

you mean this?

http://www.cjponyparts.com/control-panel-warning-light-bezels-and-lenses-1967-1968/p/HW718/

or:

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/EM_CatalogSite/00037.htm

I have one. Its in rough shape. You could snaz it up with some paint and fill the hole in the dash.

IMG_2107.JPG

IMG_2112.JPG

just ask... and there's magic in the air!!

I have a original one with wiring and maplight and a nice chrome copy(10pc).
How much for the whole set?

Thanks for all the useful information. This is the best forum that I've ever been apart of.

You're welcome Frank. And the reason why this is so, is because people care about each others welfare!

Yeah Eddy,

I was also curious as to what final asking price you put on selling your whole kit.:huh:

Greg.:)

Hi everyone,

I think on a price around the $200 for the wiring/complete"park"light/relay and map light.

Thanks,

Eddy

Hi everyone,

I think on a price around the $200 for the wiring/complete"park"light/relay and map light.

Thanks,

Eddy
Eddy, I think that is a very reasonable price considering it is the complete convenience light set including the map light and park lens

Latest posts

Back