INFO NOTE: 429/460 guys with FPA headers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BigPinoyHunk

ok i got my old motor out and my new 521 stroker motor is in. when i remounted the block plates onto the motor, i spaced up the motor by placing a normal size washer between the block plate and the block. i lowered the motor into the engine bay with both headers installed onto the motor. immediately i can see i now have about 1/8 inch clearance from the tube from hitting steering box instead of touching it like it normally would.

i previously tried just spacing up the block plate to the motor mount when the motor was installed and that didn't do anything.

just a little help with other guys who's having this issue as well. so no more people denting the tube on purpose so it doesn't hit the steering box.

I am considering FPA headers for my 351C.

Are your headers coated?

Are you breaking in your motor with the headers?

What is your impression of FPA?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am considering FPA headers for my 351C.

Are your headers coated?

Are you breaking in your motor with the headers?

What is your impression of FPA?

Thanks.
my headers are only painted and i bought them bare. my motor has already been broke in and dyno tested so there really isn't any break in period anymore of the motor. the only thing for me to really break in is the rings i guess.

i guess FPA is a good company to buy headers from but i hear all over the internet that hes a pain in hte ass to work with.

Back