Inner Weather Strip Channel Clips

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1, Grabber Blue w/Argent stripes. Original 2V 351C Auto, Tilt, rear defog, Black Comfortweave Interior. Under restoration. Original colors, 4V 351C, 4-Speed, Spoilers, Magnums, Ram Air. All Ford parts.
I installed the passenger side weatherstrip channel today. Yippee!

I found 2 inner side clips in one of my bags of screws, but cannot find ones for the drivers side. I don't see these being reproduced anywhere. Do all of you with assembled fastbacks have these inner clips?

What do you use to recoat these clips too? They originally had a vinyl coating. The auto parts store suggested using "Liquid Tape" , a paint on electrical tape.

Thanks for the input!

View attachment 22184

View attachment 22185

The big clip you show is a 69-70 part

71-3's had front clips and rear clips

Use the dip coating for tool handles

Item #D1ZZ-6522204

71-73 ROOFRAIL WEATHERSTRIP CLIP

Black powder coated metal clip. Fits Fastback and Coupe at quarter window. Each. Price: $2.95

Item #D1ZZ-6522244

Black powder coated metal clip. Fits all at door window. Each. Price: $2.95

The big clip you show is a 69-70 part

71-3's had front clips and rear clips

Use the dip coating for tool handles

Item #D1ZZ-6522204

Black powder coated metal clip. Fits Fastback and Coupe at quarter window. Each. Price: $2.95

Item #D1ZZ-6522244

Black powder coated metal clip. Fits all at door window. Each. Price: $2.95
Don,

Thanks for the reply and the dip coating suggestion.

My car is a November 70 build car. I did pull the big clips off the car or they would not have been in my marked ziplock bag for roof rail weatherstrip hardware. When I looked at my assembly instructions, shown below, they say to place one clip in the screw location forward of the riveted clip. (See Picture below.)

The picture shows why I am confused. I seem to have one clip for each side in my hardware bag. I do not remember a clip in the rear position, but the A-pillar one looks familiar.

kcmash

View attachment 22188

Early cars could and did have odd things on them

The big clip you have is a 69 - 70 one

Item #C9ZZ-6522204

69 ROOFRAIL WEATHERSTRIP CLIP

Black vinyl coated metal clip that mounts on roof rail, holds weatherstrip and guides window when rolling up. Fastback and Coupe. Price: $3.95

NOTE the pic on my site is of the 71 clip

Latest posts

Back