Introduction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome from central Virginia! I've had a few jinxxed fox bodies myself, one time when my wife says "baby i bought me a mustang!!!" i said "cool how much" she said "$400 can't you beleive it?"

uhh yeah it was a 86 four eyed hatch with a batched together front bent frame and 3.8v6 automatic, she had allready paid him and thought we could fix it up together...I followed her home and we stopped at gas station and she couldn't get it into reverse..yeah the tranny was dead. I rebuilt the transmission out of some old C4 kits i had laying around and donated the car to the goodwill becaue it was just way too much trouble i wanted to deal with.

Hello everyone,

Figured it's time to introduce myself after lurking for a while.

My name is Richard(Rick) Longfellow and I am originally from New Castle Indiana and currently living in Ocala Florida. I am soon to be joining the ranks of the retired as of Sept. 3rd. I will no longer need an alarm clock.

Spent most of my teens riding in a 64 1/2 convertible with my best friend. At the time I was a Mopar guy as there were a ton of them for real cheap at the time. Didn't buy my first Mustang till after I got married and she was the glue for my wife and I in the early years. We worked on her together and were all three joined at the hip. Even back then rust was the big issue and I learned how to pound metal roughly into shape and screw and tack welding. Repainted her the original Gold Glow and named her Gold Rush even though she was only a stock 351C we got a rush. Had her for five good years but she went missing after quitting on the freeway one day.

Since then we have had four Fox body Mustangs and one Capri but they always seemed to be jinxed. Two were totaled and the others were just drove into the ground as I have a long commute. My wife refuses to ride in a Fox body after she was T-boned in hers. Now we are looking for another Gold Glow 72 fastback to restore together now that the kids are all gone. I have a lead on one that is pretty close to the perfect candidate, just waiting on funds to free up after retiring. Can't wait to get back to my favorite obsession. Seems I have already found a great source of knowledge and maybe some new friends.

Thanks for a great forum:

Rick
Welcome from Latrobe PA. How do find NPD auto parts in Ocala. I live in Daytona for 20 yrs till 2003. Just out grew florida. See my mustang at the on the road spot light COTM as well 200+ pics and descriptrion on my photo album or ez gallery my user/member name is Mustang Dynasty.

Mikke

NPD is between sr 40 & sr200 next to I-75, going there tomorrow after work to pickup floor pans.
Use to travel out of Ormond onto 40 through Ocala them upwards to Gainesville VA Hospital for periodic spinal taps after a boating accident back in 86 until 2003 when I left Florida.

I am new to this forum and found some interesting discussions here. Hence would like to contribute here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back