Is it good to have a Mach 1 with many options?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classicsguy

Reaction score
My Car
1968 GT/CS California Special
I am considering a 1971 Mach 1 that has many options including: tilt wheel and power windows. I dont know if its hard to get power window parts in case they break down, its a project and dont know if they are working. Also has factory air,fold down rear seat,delete automatic seat back release. looks to be very well optioned car but dont know if its good to have the power windows?? What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess would be a well optioned car is more valuable when all is well and working but if some things are not it may detract from overall value in addition to being impossible to fix depending on the rarity of option and parts availability

AJ

I have power windows in mine...factory...There a pain..But most power window mustangs are 1 of 1 on their marti report...Not many made...Counts what your looking for.....Roll up windows great too for something you wanna drive alot with out too many issues...But my cranky powerwindows dont bug me too much..Cause i allways get that guy who says..Wow powerwindows in this year of stang? lol..Its becoming the age now that options do mean something..Not just if it had a 4 speed or not...Parts are kinda hard to get..But im sure there will be more coming down the chain due to so many of these being restored now days...All counts what you want in a car...Some folks love the rare..Some folks hate the trouble and dont give 2 craps about rare...lol

I wish my convertible had the power windows; would be nice when putting the top down not to have to reach over and crank all four windows down. But what the heck, I've been cranking them for 38 years now.

Mine had pretty much everything else except power windows, locks, and A/C (creature comfort-wise). But because it's an 'H' code with a C-4 and 3.00:1 gears, it's kinda nothing special, value-wise. But, at least it's matching numbers and has Ram-Air.

I'm planning on going aftermarket on all of those - gotta have A/C in West Texas, and I'm too used to power windows in my other rides as well. Also dumping in an AOD, rear discs, and a monster MP3-friendly stereo with a rear-view camera, which will be more 'modernizing' as well - but screw it, I'm gonna drive the crap out of mine (and enjoy every minute).

IMHO, it's good enough just to have a '71-'73 Mustang in your garage (and on the road) - period.

Ask RPMCarter how he feels about power windows! I guess it depends on if you have the money to invest in it and if you can find a good source for parts.
HHHHHAAAAaaaaa LOL... Sm...shall I warn him or go easy little by little to let him down gently?

I am considering a 1971 Mach 1 that has many options including: tilt wheel and power windows. I dont know if its hard to get power window parts in case they break down, its a project and dont know if they are working. Also has factory air,fold down rear seat,delete automatic seat back release. looks to be very well optioned car but dont know if its good to have the power windows?? What do you guys think?
Classicguy. Sounds like yours and mine are twins. Same options on mine w/o the tilt wheel.:cool: I love the idea of having the options.

:( trap door took me 1 year to find, the powerwindows? I've been quoted 1300 to 3,000.00 for the replacements (complete wiring harness). Does yours still have the bezels attached? If so be VERY careful taking those off. the clips are almost unheard of to locate and BREAK real easy and all these guys have listened to me whine about the trouble finding parts.

I do like the idea of the power windows but what a PAIN. 1969 and 70 APPEAR similar but the wiring harness is REAL different. If you only need new switches, Ohio Mustang does carry those.

well I wanted to make mine as original as possible because it has all its original components

... so as a factory PW car.... I didnt want to go with the new conversions. One really good referral was West Coast Cougar...they have a set up that would be perfect for a "conversion" but the wiring will be a PAIN. he highly recommended me NOT to buy it due to the harness change up from 70 to 71. That being said NPD has a "conversion" that would eliminate most of your problems. I'll know more in a few minutes

I think this is about as good a deal as I've found from NPD.

http://shop.autocraftinvestments.com/index.php?model=100&year=0&p=catalog&mode=newsearch&search_in=id&parent=&search_str=14527-2a

It "looks" very similar to the 71 style and has all the components... Looks like they git my money!!!

Latest posts

Back