Just got a Factory Black 73 Vert

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I bought a factory black 73 Mustang convertible today. Owner did not have much history on the car had owned for 13 years and just sat in his garage. His father in law owned before him. Engine runs 351 H code but he says transmission will not engage. It is oddly a C-6 I think but no air. The interior is all original and just needs good cleaning.

I already have 5 verts so I will probably be looking to clean this one up a little get it going and just sell it.

Who is looking for a Black with Black top but CW white interior?

I will order the Marti today to verify it is real but you can see the door tag has no color code and the DSO has six numbers 487539. You can see the black under the edge of the sticker also. I have to travel 650 miles each way to get it so might be a week or two before I have it here. He told me on phone there are no rust holes in the floors and none in the body. Will have to see this to believe. Inner fenders do have some rust. Might have been zebart coated he was not sure what that was. Don't see how it could not rust otherwise.

I need help in stopping buying these darn cars. I am going to have to quit looking every morning while having coffee. Does anyone know a good car hoarding counselor that is cheap?

I put up a few pics that are low resolution but I think it will make a great car and not one you see everyday for sure.

David

$_12[4] (2).jpg

$_12[1] (3).jpg

$_12[4] (3).jpg

$_12[2] (3).jpg

$_57[1] (2).jpg

$_57[1].jpg

$_12[1] (5).jpg

I was going to say,did David buy another vert? I'm jealous. Think I need to see this for myself. Congrats
Well I have to go get it first before you can come look. I sat and watched the auction until 7 seconds left and bid and got it. There seems to always be a rare Mustang somewhere and I seem to look at them every day, lol. I have to stop for sure the kids are getting nervous about me spending all the retirement, lol

I sold one of the members from Tenn my 1950 Ford panel truck maybe I can sell this one to you.

I enjoy the hunt.

David

Give it a polish and it could look like this:

73_Ford_Mustang_DV-06-HHC-03.jpg

That's someone else's car, mine's blue 72, this is a black 73 just like yours. I saw it a while back and thought it maybe a much earlier photo of your car, but it's got slot mags and a ram air hood.

Cool. Looks like a nice car. Too bad it doesn't have AC being a black car. It may have tilt steering but hard to tell. Where is it located?

Cool. Looks like a nice car. Too bad it doesn't have AC being a black car. It may have tilt steering but hard to tell. Where is it located?
David said its in Dearborn, MI, home of Ford. I grew up a few miles from World HQ, in fact my mother worked there for 25 years

Latest posts

Back